Countdown to Hawaii

Thursday, December 31

Hogmanay 09

We started the trip by taking a train up - about a 3.5 hour train ride not bad. Beautiful countryside. That night we did the Torchlight parade - it's to kick-off the celebrations - well usually a torch is a flashlight - these were 3.5 foot wax sticks - it was amazing to see so many torches - I was sure someone's hair was going to catch fire! But it looked like they amazingly had things under control. Funnily I purchased 5 torches - luckily we went with friends - The Whiteheads - and they hadn't bought any yet so we shared with them!

On the bright side the torches certainly kept us warm!







We also went with our other friends The Hamberlins - so we were an imposing group - 19 of us! Restaurants didn't know what to do with us so we split up doing different activities and coming together - it was great fun.

Edinburgh is a beautiful city - my favorite thing was to do the night tour of Edinburgh Castle - it was actually a play and they had the history of the Monarchs or clans - I love when the castles 'come to life'.


They also had a carnaval and there was a super bungee ride - the men & Chandler all rode it - it flew them up so high - I have it on video - my blog still doesn't seem to like when I want to upload video - but I'll try again.



Edinburgh Castle


We are so lucky and this was a great trip - Happy New Year to all!

3 comments:

  1. Everything looked like so much fun! We love your re-designed blog and your new post. We love to read about all your great adventures. We hope Tyler had a great 14th birthday and everyone is doing well! Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures (except for my eyes being closed in front of the castle :). It was a great trip, hopefully they'll be another one to a warm place, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such amazing experienced for your family! Wow, it sounds like it was such a great trip. I love all of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!