Chandler gave a talk at Priesthood Preview the other week - we told him the topic and after much complaining and gnashing of teeth he wrote his own talk. We didn't preview it, or at least I didn't but this is what he churned out and I was quite proud of him.
Since this is more of a journal for me I am putting it on here so when I print out my blog this year it will be there - I'm sure Chandler's children will love it.. ha ha
It is exciting to start think about having a Fine Young Man in our house - what blessings will come from this!
Lucas also gave a talk on the same day but in regular Church - he has memorized the 1st Article of Faith. He also read the whole talk by himself - he did a great job!
January 17, 2010
Chandler Crane
The most important thing you can do to prepare for the Aaronic Priesthood is to live worthily. Examples of this is to listen to appropriate music and watch appropriate movies. You will also have to have obedience.
Obedience includes scripture study, prayer and following the commandments. Another important thing is to learn to serve others. For example I cook breakfast for my family all the time. I also help out by shoveling the snow off our driveway. I also of course do most of my chores. But you don't need to only help out your family, you should help out other people as well.
I went to Rosemary's [Cottrell] house and helped with the walls of the bedroom. You can also help by carrying other people's bags if they look like they are struggling. I think the Aaronic Priesthood is important because you are doing your Duty to God. If there was no priesthood there would be no Church of God. I bare my testimony that I know this church is true and I am committed to working on these three things, living worthily, obedience, and service for others. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Holy cow! That was so awesome! Way to go.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe C-man is already in the priesthood. Wow - he has become such a wonderful young man. Congrats, Crane clan... a memorable milestone
ReplyDeleteChandler: Grandma and I are very proud of you. That was a terrific talk and it will be great when you get the Priesthood. Grandma and I want to work out our schedules so we can be there in September when you become a deacon. Tell Chandler that I went to see Avatar in 3D and on an IMAX screen. But Grandpa Bob still misses his movie buddy. Congrats! C-Man
ReplyDelete