I have so much to catch up on - but I will have to just work backward. Chandler and I went to New Jersey to visit our old UK neighbors - they sadly moved away from us last summer so we had to go visit them! It was so much fun - I was really excited to go there as I've never gone before - but I have gone to NYC. New Jersey is beautiful where they live and they have such fun things - they belong to the Noe Pond Club which was fun - it's basically a private swim club, but it's a pond instead of a pool.
They also have a really nice Golf Club - seems like the kids have such fun places to go for the summer! I only got to stay for 5 days and I left Chandler there for 5 more - he flew home alone and he did fantastic! I got to go to NYC to see my BIL Ryan for dinner but it was so hot! We got to go to the Jersey Shore and went to Point Pleasant (like Santa Cruz), poor Chandler got a little sick so he didn't get to go to NYC for dinner, just as well it was SO hot there! Cathy took me shopping - I dropped a pretty penny in just 3 days - but got Chandler lots of clothes which he so needed.
He went to Boy Scout camp this summer and I was trying to get him to pack his clothes and I couldn't get him to get any clothes together - so I finally looked and it was because he didn't HAVE any clothes!! Poor kid!

t




It was a terrific vacation and I needed it - even though it was short. My super babysitter Pauline watched the other 3 kiddies (Tyler is still in CA/UT) and they had a fantastic time. Chandler got to go to Six Flags Great Adventure - said he went on the tallest roller coaster - he was so excited about it. He also got to go into NYC and ate at hmm, forgot the name of the diner, but the waiters all sing, went to the top of the Marriott Marquis in the elevator to see the city. Went to Broadway because Donnie's friend is in Billy Elliott so they dropped him off for rehearsal, went to the Empire State Building & Macy's - all full days and so much fun with great friends!!!
how fun that you were able to get away with your son..... Looks like you had one great trip.. ;)
ReplyDeleteHolly, I can't believe you have done all that traveling. What GREAT memories your kids will have of such wonderful trips. Too funny about Chandlers clothes but they grow so fast, I think it is the age. I just helped Jenelle clean out 3 garbage bags full of clothes from her closet, I don't know how it was all hanging in there but so much was outgrown. Now she's down to a manageable, wearable, closet so I can totally relate. And, Chandler must be ready to conquer the world now that he has flown so far alone, Great Job!! What a confidence builder.
ReplyDeleteMy kids want to go to Jersey so bad so that they can go to the Cake Boss. It looks like it was a really great trip.
ReplyDelete