Okay - I'm almost too exhausted to post this - definitely too tired to post pictures today - gosh you'd think I had a 4 month old.....
But the latest is just this.....we've been here 6 months - and I've gotten my 3rd calling (job) at church - although they have released me from the other two - activities & RS Teacher to give me.......wait for it...... Homemaking Counsellor!!! Now for the friends that know me really well - you will note - this is the 4th time I've done this calling - with the last time I did it for 2 Presidents for 6 years straight - collectively I think it is 10 years - ugh - I've either really not learned what Heavenly Father wants me to learn from this calling yet or I've done it so well... well I'm just sure it isn't that part.
My friend (or so I thought! ha ha) Margie was called as RS President - and I know why - she is one of THE most compassionate and giving person I've met in a very long time. When I grow up I want to be like her! Well we should have some good times at least but ugh, when they called I was worried it was to be Nursery Leader - now I'm wondering if that's what it should have been!
I'm going to bed!
Wow, you must be really good at your job! This is kind of how I feel about Primary. I have been in most of my married life. I guess I still need to learn.
ReplyDeleteOh Holly. I'm so sorry...
ReplyDeleteToo funny. I was just complaining about my 4th stint in the primary presidency. This does not include my time as a teacher or the time as a nursery leader. I have been in primary most of my adult life. I actually do love being in the presidency, I am just ready to do something different!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this calling. Maybe in England it will be a different kind of calling!
In England/Europe, it is a different kind of calling . . . sort of :) Sorry to pain you with this assignment but I know the bishop and I were on the same page! Thank goodness you will have an Enrichment leader to help you (and hopefully she'll be called soon but I can't make any promises). You will be an excellent teacher and help to the women in the ward, and I/we are excited to serve with you!
ReplyDeleteThat just makes me giggle to myself! Have fun with your NEW calling!
ReplyDeleteHomemaking counselor, you will do a great JOB! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, my! Well, at least you don't have to go through the overwhelmed, I don't know what to do phase of a new calling...;) You'll be fabulous-of course you were called because you did it sooooo well in the past.
ReplyDeleteI think they keep calling you to different callings becasue you must be doing a great job! :)
ReplyDeleteI was waiting to hear that it was RS President, so I'm thinking you got off easy. LOL!
ReplyDelete