But then May rolls around............ I didn't hear anything... I mentioned to Linda that I thought my family forgot - so being a great friend - she sent an inconspicuous FB to Mike to remind him - we ALWAYS spent Mother's Day with the Smiths so this year was very sad for us.......
We get up - nothing, we go to church - nothing, we come home I make lunch - nothing... so finally I ask - "what time should we call your mom?"
Mike says, "why do we need to call my mom?"
Me - "hmm, well because it's mother's day today"'
Dead silence.... those are the best responses....
So since then I've been waiting for a card, flowers, a love note - still holding my breath...so instead of 2 mother's days - I got bupkiss - and it was a New Baby year - how hard is that!?
So luckily I bought myself a necklace that I had been designing for about a month - I found this lady on Etsy.........let me know what you think...
love the necklace! that is awful that you got no mother's day celebrations! a new baby year too.. darn it!
ReplyDeleteI just changed my comment note to match yours.. to...made my day and commented! hope you don't mind!
I was looking for oyur etsy link. I will check later
The necklace is wonderful! So sorry about Mother's day. YOUR family owns you BIG time!
ReplyDeleteWow. What a bummer to have your family not celebrate TWO Mother's Day. I would be very sad myself if that happened to me. When we visited England, it just so happened to be Mothering Day so it was an extra special treat since I got to celebrate it twice. Way to go on buying your own Mother's Day gift.
ReplyDeleteI hope they feel guilty enough to treat you special the whole rest of the year. If they don't, just slyly bring it up! LOL
ReplyDeleteI love the necklace! It should go with anything.
Sounds like we had similiar Mother's day's...Love the necklace, what a great idea.
ReplyDeleteWow... that was quite the reaction from your family!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are the woman to make the best of it and get a really cool necklace. I do love the necklace.
Your Mom sent us your itinerary, so we hope to see you when you are in the area - especially on July 12th.
ReplyDeleteOhhh..love the necklace!!! It is darling!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great necklace but so stinky about both mothers day being missed! What the heck? So sorry about that.
ReplyDeleteBig ole' raspberry for the family. Mother's day can be such a disapointment. However, I love the necklace! I've been wanting to make myself something like that too. Super cute!
ReplyDeleteI think you deserve a little weekend getaway to Paris or somewhere to make up for the lack of remembrance.
Hey Holly, I just went through your link to hotmama and found that it goes to my old recipe blog address, which has apparently been taken over by spam/porn pushers. Please flag it for me (up at the top - objectionable content) and put in the link to my real recipe blog address on your sidebar(supercoolmomsrecipes.blogspot.com). Thanks. Also, I've been posting fairly regularly on my public blog hotmamashouse dot blogspot dot com
ReplyDeleteThose scumbags are even using my old layout, with my ARTWORK! WTH!?!