Countdown to Hawaii

Sunday, July 12

End of school - June 09

This is my attempt to catch up - the last few weeks of school were very busy and emotional -

June goodbyes - one part of expat life is that each year brings quite a bit of movement. Our neighbors the McAuliffes are sadly for us moving back to New Jersey. They have been lifesavers on many levels for us. Mostly Donnie - who is Chandler's age - was the greatest addition to our family - he entertains our boys, was another brother to Tyler and he loved having a little sister - Tristan...

Since we're in CA we already had to say our goodbyes - it was so sad! But their legacy lives on - I may not be able to call Cathy on a whim to see if she has any Cream of Mushroom soup - or advice on EVERYTHING (she knows everything and everyone!!) but I am getting her Kitchen Aid!!



Tyler got an award at the end of the year as well - she received an academic award for Science. They only gave 2 awards per subject per grade. We were really proud of her this year. Tyler has done a great job!

Mike's parents and their friends the Laytons came in to visit us - they went on a Mediterranean cruise then came back to our place before going to Paris. We had a great time visiting with us and they went to so many great countries!


Ian also got in a good playdate before we left for our vacation as well. This is his friend Amy - she was moving back to Dallas-area. It was very cute - he wanted to have someone over and I was surprised when it was a girl!

This was the just a glimpse of our last few weeks of school....

3 comments:

  1. you have been busy! Thanks for the update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Tristan is getting so big and gorgeous as ever. It's so hard to say goodbye to good friends :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you back in CA. I hope you are having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!