Yes I'm still doing my summer catch up - Here are more pictures of our summer escapades - we had dinner at our friends house and got to meet their new baby Joshua - they actually live across the street from us in Ptown - and my next door neighbor also had a new baby as well - Sam - so on our street we have 3 cute new babies within the same year - sadly we aren't there for good playdates!



We had a Red Egg & Ginger Party for Tristan while we were in CA as well - What is a Red Egg & Ginger party you ask? Well - in Chinese culture after a woman has a baby you are supposed to stay cooped up indoors for 30 days after you have it - after the one month has passed they have a party with yummy food for good luck,prosperity and health for the mother and the baby. Good and bad - I don't eat the normally specially prepared pickled pigs feet for the mother to restore bone marrow/blood - after my first baby I gave it to my mom - the others I asked to not have to eat it!

We had lots of family and friends come to the party - sadly I only got a few pictures of Tristan - mind you that normally a baby is one month old - so they normally sleep and are passed around - well since Tristan is 7 months old - and needed a nap, she was a bit more clingy to mom than normal and wasn't expecting all of these people to come see her.
Mike couldn't stay for the party - he had to go back to the UK - but my dad was able to come up in between work from Vegas - my mom drove up separately. Mike's parents flew in for the weekend to be here for the special day also! We're very blessed.
Normally for baby parties the babies (and sometimes the mom) gets lots of gold and jade swag - babies are usually weighed down with jewelry - but alas - along with the whole pig's feet tradition going by the wayside - so are my gold and jade allocation, probably also because she's not 100% Chinese because you usually have sides competing who can give the most, but not in these economic times! But she did get the traditional Crane Baby bracelet that my grandpa john & grandma started - it's 24K gold with her name on it - it's very special to us.



Yes - this is a whole pig - and it is Delish!!

My whole family and 2 grandpas!

Tyler's buds

Lucas & Pia

Linda squatting - I think she was 7 feet tall that day with her heels!

Tammy, Me & Nu - HS buds

Linda, Me, Rachel, Grace - my long time Fremont friends

Lucas & Hayden - BFF
I'm getting closer to August!
I've been blogging all summer and still find myself catching up. I've enjoyed reading all your posts about your trip to the US.
ReplyDelete