Countdown to Hawaii

Tuesday, August 18

California 09 - Vegas Baby

In the middle of July time was well spent by driving to Vegas to my parents house - we dragged along my Auntie Karen to help us in the car with the kiddies. Tyler went to Girl's camp with her friends so it was me, the boys and Tristy-Lu.

Tyler got to spend a few days at my friend Laura's house - Thanks Ms. Laura!! So we could go to Vegas and come back when we needed. Technically this picture is of when Tyler returned - but since we left before her it's all I had...



Many of her friends from school went to camp - I was only able to get these few with my camera. We had about 6 non-member girls going to our church Girl's Camp this year. It was terrific! Our camp is not like others - adults have to kind of be on the "in" list to be able to go with the girls. They do rock repelling, water skiing, tubing, hikes, sleep in cabins, the food is AWESOME, fabulous crafts - they do it all! One day I may be able to go - we'll see.



Before we went to vegas we had a small family bbq at my cousin Suzy's house. Here is a picture of Tristan and Moeshe - my cousin's valentine baby...(and cousin ms. megan in the background_

Vegas - did many things - the weather was hot, but not as hot as I have been to in previous years.. . we saw 2 movies (I saw 3, I finally got to see Star Trek! Loved it!) - we saw Harry Potter and Ice Age 3, went bowling, out to eat, finally shopped for school clothes, and went to the Aquarium at the Mandalay Bay....




Fishing for Sting Rays


Chandler got one!




Ian in Brian Gau Gau's glasses


Lucas & Annie


Cman on Lucas' new DS (Pau Pau spoiled him)


Annie & Pau Pau


Ian, Gung Gung, Tristy-Lu, Lucas

We had a lot of fun with my parents, brother and Auntie Karen - it was a great visit and we had a lot of fun. I got to learn or remember lots about my Auntie Karen in the car and the kids got to spend fun time with their great aunt.

My parents have lived in vegas now for 10 years - it is amazing to think time has flown by so fast! We had a great trip there - and I'm glad we went because otherwise my parents wouldn't have been able to spend a lot of time with the kids if we didn't make it down this summer.

I'm getting closer to finishing my Great American trip - so much to cover in the last 3 weeks here at home!

1 comment:

  1. oh you were so busy here in the US! glad you got to go to vegas and be with your parents! how awesome of your aunt to go and help you!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!