Countdown to Hawaii

Thursday, September 3

Happy Birthday Chandler!

I can't believe my little man is 11 years old!

Here are some things that make me smile when I think about my #1 Son.

He is turning into the kid that other kids like to hang out with - his siblings might have other thoughts on that but that's what I see.

Chandler is funny and animated - he always has an analogy or story for all of his stories! He is also very sporty - we bought all new Catchers gear for him this summer so I cannot wait until Baseball season to try them out!



Chandler is very thoughtful and I love that about him. He thinks of how other people feel and senses things other kids just don't.


I love that he is musical - he has really taken to the Clarinet!
(Windsor Legoland in August)

I love to watch old movies with him. He loves my favorites - Adventures of Robin Hood, Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, Stalag 17 - this summer I thought he was ready for Kelly's Hero's so we watched it together.

The boys Cub Scout Pack got to watch The Changing of the Guard INSIDE the gates at Buckingham Palace - no cameras allowed inside, but they were so lucky!!

Chandler has changed the last few months - he's growing into a nice young man instead of my sweet little boy. He always helps me when I ask (with much less groans of denial), he's in middle school now as well, he loves adventure and he'll try new things. He's a really neat kid and I'm so lucky to be his mom.

I love you Chandler! Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

  1. Grandpa Bob and Grandma5 September 2009 at 05:59

    Grandpa Bob and Gradma say: We agree! Grandpa Bob loves to go to movies with Chandler. We seem to like the same kinds of movies. He is our oldest Grandson and we couldn't be more proud of him as we are about all our grandchildren. I also love his stories and jokes. We love you lots Chandler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Chandler! He sounds like a really great kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great qualities! Isn't it fun to see what kind of people they become.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy "Late" Birthday Chandler! Hope it was lots of fun. I can't believe how fast children grow up. I didn't know there was a Legoland in England, and how fun was that getting to watch the "Changing of the Guard"..... What amazing experiences Chandler is having at such a young age. You and Mike are providing such great memories for you family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your birthday was EXTRA special in England this year (very cool). I agree with Holly and all the other comments, we love you lots Chandler :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's crazy to me that I've been a part of this family for 8 years! When I married Todd, Chandler was only 3? WHAT? He is so handsome and funny and I hope to get to know him and all of your beautiful kids better.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!