Countdown to Hawaii

Monday, March 12

Manic Monday

I'm so tired! This weekend was nice, but tiring. The dance thing went well, Tyler's group got 3rd overall for both of her dances (tap & jazz) - out of 6-7 entries in each. But best of all they had fun. She has a really great group of girls in her dance group - there are only 4 of them, and they are really good together. I was the mob leader and made the other mom's go to a movie with me Saturday for a matinee - Sunday since I didn't go back to Pleasanton to go to church, another mom and I went for a really long walk, it felt good to stretch the legs. But we got home about 4pm, and I was exhausted! And I didn't even dance! But didn't sleep well - I always do that - when Mike goes on business trips or we go on vacation, I never sleep well the first night - the second night I crash. Usually the first night when he is gone is when I catch up on all my TiVo shows - I love my Law & Orders - all types - I think it's funny how L&O is the example in the TiVo handbook.

I worked today and it was crazy - I work Mondays & Tuesdays at ClubSport - it's this monolithic sport club - I job share with another woman - the only way I can go there is by working and get a free membership because you have to pay something outrageous like $850 initiation fee, and $200/month for a family.... so Christina - good for you to get a deal on your LA Spa place!! I still have my Linda Evans/Butterfly Life membership as my backup - it's something crazy like $25/month. I've been working there since January now, and have I even worked out there yet???? Of course not! Not enough time in the day. But I figure they're getting a bargain deal for me to work there since I haven't been an Admin since I was in college!!! I'm not sure how long I'll last, it's been hard cramming all the other things I have to do and want to do in the other 3 days. But when the checks come it's a nice perk. I did however register and got in on the Nike Half Marathon in SF in October - so we'll see if I can get my butt out on the treadmill!

Lucas has been dealing with speech delay - 6 months ago (age 2.5) he was rated at 18 month old speech proficiency. The county has been footing the bill. Today we went for a transition meeting with the school district, it looks like he'll qualify for Speech Therapy there - so I'm very encouraged. His birthday is 4/4/04 (and he's the 4th baby) so when he turns 3 he is under the care of the school district - I'm crossing my fingers it's a smooth transition.

Well - my afternoon has already been crazy, 2 piano lessons, carpool drop off, now dance - and somewhere in there I will make dinner. I hope you all had a terrific weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!