Countdown to Hawaii

Thursday, March 29

I'm so Tired!!

What a week.... I was so tired - you know how crazy every thing can happen at the day or week... last week every single day and night I had something thing going -

I actually started this entry on Monday - now it is already Wednesday night! When it rains it pours. Hopefully you've still tuned in...

Last week every night we had something on the calendar - we had a big HFPE dinner with Linda's ward last Tuesday, we did a happy unbirthday party and wore funny hats to celebrate the RS Birthday. It was fun, but a ton of work. Our "committee" is really only me (counsellor) and the HFPE Leader - so from our ward it was me and one other lady cleaning until 10pm. But from Linda's ward they had about 8 people which was really nice.

Wednesday I had a big Girl Scout event - so Chirstina - even though you say you're glad you don't have boys with a bunch of activities - I'm still crazy with the one girl!! My troop (of 21 girls) hosted an event for another 21 girls - I did all the prep work by myself - so I had to prep for 6 activities times 42 girls!

Thursday Linda and I were in charge of our meal prep group - that was exhausting too - it's always so fun to go and have meals to bring home, but it's so much work when it is your month! Then to top it off - we went to Rite Aide after for ice cream, and they didn't have any! Well, maybe like Black Currant or Cherry, and Rainbow sherbert! What a let down!

Friday - was our school's Disco Bingo - which is always fun - but so loud! Why do places always think the louder the music the better? But the good news is, we (or rather mom) got 2 bingo's and one of our raffle tickets won - so we did really well - one of our prizes was an ITunes GC! Can't beat that.

Saturday & Sunday was my daughter's dance convention - the last of the year- she's the one that dances the whole time, but man, I'm exhausted by the end. However, now that the girls are getting older - the moms are getting smarter - we went for a matinee & dinner. It was also Baseball opening weekend so Mike had his hands full.

Mike was so sweet, the boys all planted roses in the front yard to surprise me when I got back.
This week is a little better but with just the regular busy - Mike sent tulips to me at work yestreday - it was very sweet - we saw the musical Jersey Boys on St. Patrick's day with our friends - we've all been listening to the music since - so he wrote on the card "my eyes adore you". .... I know you want to say how sappy, but I enjoyed it!

We're planning our summer vacation - we're going to San Diego for a week - it should be fun. I'm just looking forward to Spring Break! I need it.... I'm trying to convince Mike that we should go to NYC in the fall - we've been watching Grease: You're the one that I want! and the kids loved it - it's cheesy, but it was fun to watch!

Well gotta get those kids to bed...

1 comment:

  1. FINALLY an update! holy cow you've been busy!!
    my girls arent in girl scouts- HELLO guess why!! they have a friend that does it ..but neither of them care to do it..we're good with piano and tennis lessons!!!

    that is SO sweet of mike and the boys to plant roses--and SO sweet that mike wrote "adore you" on the card AND that he sent you tulips! is he in trouble?? whats with all the sweetness!! hahah

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!