Happy Birthday Linda & Mom
Yes - my mom & Linda share the same bday - we have a good time celebrating usually but I'm sitting at my desk in my hotel room using Mike's computer - looking out over traffic because it's raining eating my room serviced breakfast (I never do that!!), but I still wouldn't trade my view - outside of my window is the Sydney Harbour and Sydney Opera House - I always pull the curtains in the morning because I can see it outside from my bed. If I get up and look out the window to the left you can see the famous Sydney Bridge. I'll post pictures when I get back. We head home this afternoon so I get to relive Thursday :) Enough about me, on to Birthday girls!
My mom moved to Sin City 9 years ago - just as we were getting started providing the grandchildren - I think she would want to move back but my dad is happy down there. My mom is very creative - she can sew anything - you only got a sampling from the kids Halloween costumes. My mom is very smart - she is a total Chinese Mom even though she doesn't speak a lick of chinese and was born here too - but it's always - don't waste this, save that - she always puts the kids or her family before herself - sorry mom - we're all turning into nying nying whether we like it or not :) I wish she'd take more time out for herself - pampering type things - and do things for her - but she'd say it was a waste of money. My mom is young - I won't say exactly but let's just say she is in her mid 50's. She is strong - my mom does the drive from Vegas to Cali by herself all the time since my dad is still working - I wouldn't - it's too long, I'd fall asleep. When I come home I'll post one of my only pictures of my mom with her beehive - now she keeps her hair straight & black - I actually don't like to stand too close to her - if you were looking quickly - I think you'd think she were my sister instead of my mom - much to her delight :) I love you mom - happy birthday!
Linda is one of my closest friends - I probably only have 2 I consider that close- since I don't have any of my own sisters she & Louise are it. I think life gives you certain people in your life that you need to help you along. We have always had a fun link - our husbands are the same age - and my 4 kids correspond to her middle 4 kids - of course back when she had Dallin & Bowen and I only had Tyler. We are the same age although she is older (ha ha - a month is still a month)
Here are a few things about her:
1. Linda is fun and she adds that bit of spice to my daily life that is fun - she loves to shop if you hadn't figured out on your own
2. She is a girly girl which is funny since she has all boys
3. Linda loves make-up which is good for me because I have no clue
4. She keeps me up to date on all the famous people gossip - she would win at Celebrity Charades (not Charades, but that know-it-all game)
5. Linda loves to shop - oh wait I said that already.
There are lots of other things - some things I'm still trying to figure out - I keep telling her to come travel with me but she keeps poppin' out kids - but I love her boys like they were my own and I love our family traditions we've been building for the last 11 1/2 years. I'm glad they moved over the hill with us after several years of driving back and forth. I just love calling her my friend, my best friend - Happy Birthday Girlfriend! I know those boys will treat you right :) Love ya - H
So nice! Thank you! I have been spoiled today. It has been great. Have fun "Down Under" OOOH that sounds exciting. HEEHEE
ReplyDeleteEnjoy yourself down under :)
ReplyDeletePost pictures.
enjoy! sounds like a great time there, being away from it all!
ReplyDeletehope you get home safe
What a sweet tribute to two amazing women! So nice to have a friend like that!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun trip Holly. Can't wait to see your pictures when you get back!
ReplyDeletewow super fab tribute! and haha down under? fabulous in every way!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see your pics of the fancy hotel views!
Sydney sounds amazing! Such nice birthday tributes.
ReplyDelete