Here I am in Sydney Australia - note I've chosen not to post so many pictures with me in them, I've gained 15 lbs since my cycling accident - but am ready to start walking regularly and try to work out again at the gym - hooray!
So this is the pictorial story of my trip. I did a lot of touring - no shopping though - almost all of their stuff is imported - from China or the US so it was like shopping here, or rather Beverly Hills!!! Everything was Gucci, D&G, Ferragamo, etc and very very expensive - so I did a lot of window shopping.
We survived our extra day in Sydney because of our cancelled flight - there was a problem with the throttle - glad they figured that out BEFORE we took off and not after!
Well just wanted to give the update - the weekend was crazy. Our family sang "Love is Spoken Here" during the Primary Program - we are not the VonTrapps by any means, but when they asked me I knew we should do it because this would be the only time the kids would let us!! Mike practiced for a couple weeks - Ian sang the loudest so we put him in front. But it is a great memory for me.
Sat was all about sports and yesterday was our big Holiday HFPE & craft night - I was exhausted but we had about 45 women come - which is HUGE for our ward - I was really happy, unfortunately my friend Kim & I were left to clean up and we didn't leave until 10:30 - oh well - Hope everyone is well, I have a lot of blogs to catch up on!!!
Oh, I am sooooooo very jelous of your trip to Australia!! That is my #1 place I want to go. My SIL is from Brisbane and she was accepted to play in the symphony doing her violin but she gave it up to marry my brother!! Jason and i are hoping to get there one day. I am so glad you had a great trip!!
ReplyDeleteoh what fun! those are great pictures.. what a great time! I am glad you are home safe and back to making waffles for cranky kids! fun times!
ReplyDeleteglad it was a good trip!
What a VIEW from your hotel room! You are gorgeous, Holly, 15 extra pounds or not! Glad it was fantastic trip!
ReplyDeleteNice work of having your family sing for the program. And I'm sorry you got stuck at the church so late. That was the worst part of activities when I was Activity Chair for our ward in Kansas. You're already worn out and ready to go home, but somebody's gotta clean up!
Glad all was well with your kiddos while you were at play!
You and Mike look so cute! I've always wanted to go to Australia - you lucky girl!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute idea to have you guys sing for your primary program. I bet everyone in the audience loved it! That is a great turnout for your Super Saturday - good job!
What an amazing opportunity! You are so blessed to have those great chances! Your trip, singing in the program, and super fun calling! go Holly!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home girl.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful trip you all had. I would love to go to Australia.
Thanks for sharing those pictures with us :)
Wow! It looks like you had an amazing time! The pictures are great!
ReplyDeleteNothing like back to the grind eh? Looks and sounds like an amazing trip. I hope to someday get there! Beautiful photos :)
ReplyDeleteI lovvvveeee the pictures of your trip. What beautiful views. I would love to visit there one day but don't know if I could stand being on a plane that long.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it is all worth it.
Our vacations never seem to be long enough, right? :D
wow! that looked so fabulous! very cool touring. shopping is overrated if it is gonna coast an arm and a leg. glad it went well. and very cool your fam, sang in the primary program. and whooho on your homemaking turnout! those craft get people out there. fabulous!
ReplyDeletehahah--whiping out eggo's for whiny kids--too funny...oh to be back in sydney!! i wish i was back in brazil some days!!
ReplyDeleteoh too cute that your entire family sang-mike too! how fun!!
Holly,
ReplyDeleteGreat fun!! I'm glad you got to go and enjoy such a beautiful city.
Great pics Holly. Cisco does have some nice perks, doesn't it?! :)What a fun place to visit.
ReplyDelete