So I've been trying for 2 days to post my pictures, I'll have to do it when I get back I guess. The kids and I are in Tahoe for spring break - we took ski lessons - mine was a bust, but the kids had a great time! Mike had to stay behind to work and train.
We arrived Monday after having a fun Easter - the Smiths came over for our annual egg hunt, luckily Linda's pictures I see made it on the blog.
My mom arrived on Saturday and she came up here with us - which is really fun - she's been hanging out with Lucas so I can take the kids on their ski trips - but keep in mind - I'm NOT a skier. However I must say that it was a little like riding a bike, I remembered much more than I thought I would and didn't fall - tomorrow is our next day to go - on our own - I fully anticipate falling....
I have a great connection to the internet luckily but must be too slow to get the pictures downloaded - oh well. I had wanted to do the fun SPt this week as well but that's okay.
We saw Horton Hears a Who today - it was so cute! I took Tyler & Chandler ice skating as well. Luckily my mom already got to visit the casinos and I took her to a couple quilt shops. I like this location because there is a little bit for everyone. We're staying at Heavenly Village at the Marriott, I highly recommend it as it really has everything!
Well, enough ramblings for now, but I wanted to let you know I was still breathing.......
sounds like a great place to vacation! so fun! and i loved Horton hears a who! SO cute!
ReplyDeletehave fun! and good luck tomorrow!
What a great Mom you are!!! We always have to leave Ron behind too because of THAT stupid work thing. Oh well, it is always nice to get out of town for a little fun and R&R. Good that your Mom was able to go. Have fun and be safe!!
ReplyDeleteSuper fun trip! I'm not a skiier either. Never was, never will be.
ReplyDeleteHow nice to have Mom along to have some adult fun with and also for the extra help! Sounds like you are having a great spring break!
What a fun spring break. You're a great mom for taking all the kiddies up there without Mike. I don't know if I could do it. It must be nice to have your mom around too-to hang out with and to help.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering about that movie. Bummer about the photo upload. I need to update my blog as well. Have a great rest of the week!
ReplyDeletewondered what happened to you!!
ReplyDeleteits like 85 here--so the idea of snow skiing is a bit hard to grasp!!
hope your fall isnt quite like the bike incident!
i think its funny your mom wants to go gamble in tahoe. it's everytime we go to LV we have to go to the venetian (which is only funny if you know that i live in italy).
ReplyDeleteanywho, sounds like you had lots of fun, cant wait to see the pictures!!
How fun to be in Tahoe. Todd and I went there on our honeymoon almost 10 years ago. We have never been back...darn! It is beautiful there. I'm glad you are having a great time.
ReplyDeleteWe saw Horton Hears A Who also this week. Cute.
It sounds like a fun vacation! Have fun! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a really fun time. I hope you didn't fall too much!
ReplyDeleteWow - you are brave to do all that without Mike! Way to go! I assume your hip is holding up well; you are back to normal! Just don't crash on the slopes!
ReplyDeleteGood to know about that movie. We haven't seen it yet.
We hope to someday take our kids to Tahoe. Can't wait to see photos!
ReplyDeleteTahoe?! You should have come to see us :) We stayed at the Heavenly Village last summer and loved it! What a great place.
ReplyDeletesounds like a fun trip! glad your mom is there to help out!That movie sounds cute! I have heard good things!
ReplyDeleteHi Holly!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great spring break! Be careful though (no more trips to the ER) I was going to tell you, we have a new URL for our blog. It is www.jewels5.blogspot.com. Take care!