I know, overscheduled family - we're what those books are all written about. It's funny because they all sound like great fun individually but when you list them out like that - whew it's a lot.
Last week I did my Cinderella Classic Ride - the 63 mile ride I was training for since January - it was great - it was much more enjoyable than any of the training rides were. There are rest stops and lots and lots of food! Ladies ride with tiara's strapped to their helmets, and wear tutus or anything pink - I rode near some ladies that rigged a glass slipper, magic wand and pumpkin onto their helmet! I finished with a riding time of 4:44, not bad for my first one.
I had stopped near the end to help a friend with a flat - luckily because I saw Linda pass by in her car and my kids were able to stop at the tennis park in time to see me ride by after their baseball games.
My girlscout troop is working on their Bronze Award - each girl is required to put in 15 hours of work on the project - we're doing the Nike-Reuse-a-Shoe program where we've been collecting used athletic shoes - we've collected I think close to 15 sacks of shoes so far - we deliver them on Friday to an athletic store and then we're DONE!!!!! It has taken so much time....but it's worth it - it's our last year - well, my last year - because with Tyler in Young Women's it's double the work - it's sad the church doesn't support GS. Plus I've been the leader since kindergarten and I'm tired - we've grown to 21 girls last year, 19 this year.....
Last week is almost a blur for me now too - but today - I'm just sitting at home, catching up on my mountain of laundry and hanging out watching Backyardians with Lucas.... until tonight - more baseball & girlscouts!
This weekend was gorgeous! Last night we ate outside and had a BBQ! It was so nice!
I'm always amazed by good Mom's that volunteer and take their kids to games and practices. The more kids we have, the more stuff I cut out.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your fabulous Cinderella ride! I want to know what you wore! Did you get any pics?
Way to go Holly! What an accomplishment! I bet you felt great when the ride was all over...or were you just soooo tired?! You have a never ending supply of energy.
ReplyDeleteway to go on your Ride! way cute tiara on the helmet idea.
ReplyDeleteholy cow! busy and lots going on! you are so good to volunteer. and do all you do! way to go on that!
yay for the girl scouts project being over soon!
have a fun week. glad you posted! whoohoo for eating outside!
I can't believe how busy and involved you are. I guess it's better to be involved than to not and have the kiddos in trouble. Great job on the Cinderella ride. I saw lots of the cyclists riding through town that day.
ReplyDeleteHey, coming to your neck of the woods this Thursday.We will have to get together for lunch or dinner and of course shopping at the mall as always. Hope to see you.... :)
ReplyDeletewow your kids are really involved.. that would be soooooo hard for me.. we do piano.. one day a week after school.. oh and activity days.. my girls just told me that they want to play soccer this fall.. so that should be fun for them..
ReplyDeletewell, awesome picture at Tahoe.. that is beautiful!
great job on your ride.. that is a long way to ride, but sounds like it goes by fast.. good food would help me keep going! :)
Congrats on staying safe on the Cinderalla ride! Man, I saw Christy last night - ouch!
ReplyDeleteI too have been neglecting my blog - too much fun stuff going on right now. And I did love the weather over the weekend too! Awwhhh!
Wow, you guys are super super busy! How exciting to have finished your first race. So fun for you! Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteI have been a total slacker too. You need to post photos from that race. It sounds awesome! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI think we all need a backyard again day now and again. Hope you are having a great week :)