Countdown to Hawaii

Thursday, April 17

My Girl & Our Human Footprint

Today was a busy, but nice day - We had speech and ran to costco to get hotdogs for our potluck - Ian had a ball game and we had a successful potluck this time! When we came home Tyler had stayed home after dance to do her homework - she's had some monster projects due lately.



She had the whole downstairs clean for me!!!! It was so so so nice to come home to a nice clean house - when the kids came home from school we had all crazy stuff you know - homework all over, mail, backpacks, papers, my hotdogs cooking, and my neighbor walked in....so embarrassing! But she tidied everything up - the dishes were done, well actually I think I did the dishes before I left, but she had taken out the trash, vacuumed, and just had everything put away so nicely!!! And she wrote me a card saying how much she loved me... you just couldn't ask for a better daughter - I love her so much! She knows I've been really tired and overwhelmed with laundry and all the projects I mentioned the other day. I am so lucky!

I'm watching the National Geographic documentary - Human Footprint it is amazing! And kind of disgusting how much we consume and use! You need to watch it if you can - it is on again Sunday night......it is so an eyeopener!

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet girl! Can she come live with me? I'll trade you 3 boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow tyler is such a grown up young lady - but i think im gonna have to give mom a pat on the back too - you've raised a terrific daughter! thats why im glad to have an amazing role model as a friend - hope sophia turns out just like tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! that is so sweet! and WOW! So LUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh can tyler come here??? my sarah is like that...

    ps: rachel turns 11 next month...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What an angel. I'm hoping once Abby gets a few years older she will be like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great daughter! HOw nice to have such a great helper. I love that.

    I will have to check out the show. I haven't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh - that is just the nicest thing! And a fun and pleasant surprise for you! Tyler sure is a sweetie and that is a very cute picture of her too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've raised your daughter up right. That's soooo kind of her to take that initiative and make your day. I've watched a little bit of that show-it really is amazing what we consume.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweethart. I actually am interested and will have to check out that program. I assume they are showing it due to earth day this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an awesome daughter... can I borrow her to train my girls?
    how sweet of her!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!