I stayed home all day today - kind of on purpose. I'm so irritable - I know a lot of it has to do with the pregnancy - but I also remember someone saying once that your natural disposition comes out even more as you get older - so does that mean I'm going to be an old crabby lady??????????
The kids bickering grates on my nerves. Today I stayed at home - cleaned the downstairs - then went back upstairs for a rest and read my book (it's a long book). We still don't have TV - a record for us I'm sure almost 6 weeks right? We have radio and the owners have speakers all over the house - but I didn't even turn it on today - just sat in the quiet house and read.
The packers came today to collect the rest of the empty boxes and wrapping which was nice - I didn't have to break down all the boxes myself and figure out how to toss everything out. I also cleaned the garage so we can park our car in there again. It's nice not to have "too much".
Lucas and Tyler came home first and they were tired - I have to back track - I went to Bunco last night (hooray for me!) but the house was a huge mess when I got home and the kids must have gone to bed late because it was hard for them all to get up this AM and especially my one special child - when he gets up on the wrong side of the day - it ruins MY day. So that is about how it went.
Of course after I picked the other 2 up from Scouts - the bickering began. I can't stand it - it drives me bonkers. Then little things bug me - like - here in Britian - why does every stupid business call your mobile phone first? And if it isn't on, why don't they leave a message? OR TRY YOUR HOUSE?????? I noticed that the first couple weeks here - they just automatically call your mobile - well you know what I don't answer my mobile when I'm driving - it's AGAINST the law here and I don't have my bluetooth set up. And when I am home all day - I don't turn it on. If they do call your house - they don't leave a message (we only have one phone right now, and I don't exactly 'RUN' to answer it) so I usually miss it.
The banking - I want to run home and kiss my local Wells Fargo Bank teller - I hate the banking system here - online stinks especially - they have about 50 passwords you have to memorize then they say things like, what is the 2nd digit of your thrid password, what is the 9th digit of your eighth password..... and EVERY time you log in - THEY CHANGE THE SEQUENCE.....hellooooooo???? So it's so much safer here because I have to have all 10 passwords written down so I can count the digits every single time.... nice
Did I mention my stove? I know back in our house selection period I mentioned this as one of the negatives to selecting this house - at the time I thought it was more of a minor negative - well aparently not - I LOVE my Thermdor GAS RANGE at home.... here I have one of those stupid glass top sleek (hard to clean) stupid range things that is stupid ELECTRIC - (sorry I thought it was more interesting with more stupids) yes, back to the dark ages - I hate it - it take me - and I am sooo NOT exaggerating - 30 minutes, yes THIRTY minutes to..... wait for it......... BOIL WATER. I am so not kidding. I hate it. Mike says I say hate too much - well you know what - when you're 8 months pregnant trying to cook for a family of 6 you would say hate too..... I suppose if you are not a cook - it doesn't matter much - but when you love to cook - Electric sucks.
Well the whining continues - Mike is in London at a dinner meeting - lucky him...sorry for the ranting - hopefully you covered your eyes with all the stupids & hates....... I'm going to get the rambunctious ones ready for bed... and back to my book!
hey i have one of those stupid glass top sleek stove...
ReplyDeleteI want a gas stove so bad............
hey how is your ward?
My glass top one doesn't take anywhere near that long! I wonder what is wrong with that one. Could altitude be part of the problem?
ReplyDeleteI need your new email address. I keep trying to reply to your comments and getting them back. email me at lotsostuff at hotmail - if you've lost my real email address.
I can't believe how much you are accomplishing! When I'm pregnant - nothing gets done. Of course, I didn't even make it to 8 months the last two times.
I love a gas stove.. don't have one.. have a stupid electric one too!
ReplyDeletewhat are you reading?
that banking thing would drive me insane!
Hey! I liked my stupid glass top stove in Fremont.
ReplyDeleteToo bad you are having a bad time. This is when we could both benfit from a GNO. Too bad somebody had to move a million miles away. ;0
If it makes you feel any better, I am ready to knock out some of my precious darlings also. LOL XXOO
You definitely sound like an 8 month pregnant lady! Although I sound like that even when I'm not 8 months pregnant. Give it all a couple of days. It will get better. Sorry about your stove. I do love gas but I have a glass top electric now and don't mind it that much. It doesn't take me 30 minutes to boil water.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you are crabby 'cause you spent a whole day at home! You are usually on the go, go, go!
ReplyDeleteYou might need to buy a different pan for your stove - a better quality one that will heat water quicker since you are cooking on a glass top one - I know this from experience. Also, I have to always put a lid on my pot to get the water to boil - give that a try and hopefully it will work for you too!
I can't bleieve all of the junk with the banks. What a joke.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the gas. Once you have it you can't go back!!
Maybe the bickering is in the air? My kids are doing it also and it drives me crazy. I hope you are feeling better and feeling okay with your pregnancy.
It's probably because it's a full moon here..and the kids miss their tv shows!!
ReplyDeleteLook at it this way: You do not have to listen to the election every day and what the stock market is doing to everyone's 401k portfolio. It is also hard on the kids to be in a new land. I remember how hard it was when I was a teacher with all the foreign exchange students. They all wanted to go home but eventually they got in the swing of things. Sorry you are having these problems but at least you can vent your frustrations about them which is a good thing. We think you are a great mom and we appreciate all you do for the kids and Mike. We wish we were closer to help. It is also OK to be crabby when you are pregnant. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteAre you not glad you have some where to vent those frustrations and we can commiserate together!
ReplyDeleteCan relate to the electric/glass top stove-- Had one in Ohio thought the long time to boil had something to do with elevation until I moved to California and was introduced to Gas Stoves-- and my gas dryer- love. Gas- way more efficient!
Oh the kids bickering. Without TV how can they decompress and take a chill-- for your sanity at the very least.
I will give the lady at Wells Fargo a hug for you. Actually, Wells Fargo needs a an overall hug for being strong in this financial mess.
Oh, the go out and enjoy yourself for an evening and come back to mess (dishes- still where I left them) and just cross my fingers that Chance is asleep. It is definitely a gamble to take an evening out. I just keep my expectations really low- then I am pleasantly surprised or not surprised at all! (also lack of TV my have been a contributing factor- that would definitely affect the child care skills in this home)
On a happy note, I am glad you at least you have a good book to escape one chaos into another! I am also reading "Brisingr".
I am SO sorry about your day Holly. While I can't make your water boil any faster, they have a special cleaner for glass top stoves. At our old house, mine came with a cleaner (I found it at Home Depot) and a cleaning razor. It was so easy to clean. Maybe this is something you can find online? I hope your week gets better!
ReplyDeleteJust a few more weeks right? You are almost there! I need your new address for christmas cards...I tried to email you, but I guess your old email doesn't work...shoot me one when you get a chance...nathan.andros@gmail.com
ReplyDelete