Countdown to Hawaii

Tuesday, October 21

Tuesday Happenings

Well I've been slightly delinquent in my posts because I've been playing with my new toy. I'm converted. I love my IPhone. I always knew I "should" get one because I have my MacBook and it would be easier - well I love my new phone. Now I can get emails where ever I go!

This weekend we had soccer (football) and football....Tyler has been working on a huge Family History project for her Language arts class and Chandler has a big report due on a country - he picked France - lucky for him we're going on Saturday so he can bring back a few little things to display for it. The kids have been really busy at school. I thought I should fill you in on what they're doing.

Lucas really likes going to school all day now - I think he's gotten used to it and doesn't come home quite so exhausted any longer. He loves to talk about Carmen and Jack, and then says he wants them to come over and also to play with Hayden & Callie. He comes home and can spell his name in order to log onto the computer to play Nick Jr. and play a Dora the Explorer game.

Ian started cub scouts - but because they don't do it through church here - he joined through school - but because he's in 3rd grade - he's a Bear not a Wolf (it's all Chinese to me) but he still wants his Wolf since Chandler got his - so we're going to end up doing double work for him. As long as he is enthusiastic that is fine. His birthday is Thursday - the night we have a Trunk or Treat at the school. He voted to go - and decorate the car - of course I didn't bring any Halloween decorations so I've been trying to find things - they have quite a few things but I hate to buy too much. I also hope Ian remembers we had a bday party for him before we left (especially since I can't find anything he wants in the stores here!) On Tuesdays he's also in a Computer Club after school right now - he really enjoys it - they have all new IMacs at the school - in July we saw them installing them all - it's terrific. He is doing well - his teacher is amazed how much Ian soars at reading - I told him he was born with a book in his hand.

Chandler begrudgingly joined Webelos - but of course once he is there he loves it. They only meet 2x month unlike at home. I think at home he was getting a little burned out with it every week. The bummer was it was the same time as track at home so he really wanted to do that with his friend Duncan. Last week he got to go into London for a field trip to the Natural History Museum - he talked about it for 3 days straight. Chandler's teacher love him - she lived in Lafayette so we do live in a small world! Chandler is in a chess club after school on Tuesdays - he loves it and he's getting better and better.

Tyler went to her first school dance on Friday night. She brought a friend home after school and they went to the dance. She said when they'd play slow songs the few couples would dance and everyone else would line up like wall flowers! We haven't gotten her in dance yet - part of it is me - I'm kinda tired at night - and our nights go fast here - it's getting darker much sooner - like by 5.

Mike was in Barcelona last week - he's enjoying his job - he really likes it - the economy makes it a little tougher but he's always up for a challenge. He's dying for American Sports though. Funny because I'm the baseball girl, but he's the one that checks the scores. He always tells me when Basketball is starting - my rote repsonse is, "It never ends". We used to love Basketball - but I loathe it now - it's just toooooo long and they are all thugs. Not my favorite any longer. Now that we've lived here for 5 weeks (or is it 6?) Mike has already been to Greece, Germany & Spain. Then this weekend we're going to France... he needs more pages - literally - in his passport!

I got my haircut today - they did aroma therapy first with a head massage - oh not by the stylist - another girl - then the shampoo - with 2 washings (which I wondered, is that standard or is my hair really dirty?) then the cut & style....so funny. It took a really long time - not like my normal 40 mins in & out. But it was nice. Caris always did a great job with my hair and I went regularly so I think the shape was still there for the new lady to follow so I don't think it was that hard. I went and ran some errands and tried this hole in the wall Chinese place Chandler's friend keeps telling us about - well - I will tell you - it's the best Beef Chow Fun I've had in a loooong time - better than any place in Ptown!!! And they deliver!

Church is going well - we went Sunday and got there 5 mins early it didn't look like a big turn out - but by the end there were a ton of people there! Wait till I tell you my new calling - ugh, but whew I can say it isn't in the RS for once!

Well off to do some chores before those kiddies come home!

8 comments:

  1. how fun to go to france to be able to get some things for his school project.. that is way cool.. it would be fun to play with an iphone..
    you are so busy.. no wonder you are so tired at night!
    your kids sound happy!
    take care.. oh btw it is Castle Rock, Washington.. it is a tiny little town.. it's nice too, but not Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome update. sounds like things are going pretty good there and the kids are adjusting well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH you got a iphone.... I am so excited for you. I really LOVE mine. I don't know what i would do if i ever lost it. MY life is on my iphone.

    The church doesn't have a scouting program.. Wow, i didn't know that. I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you guys are crazy busy! I agree, awesome to just be able to "run" over to France and pick up some things for the school project. lol. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh-- I can answer Donna's question--- for various reasons the church does not charter the boy scouts in all areas. My experience was specifically due to low membership and driving distance. I drove a 1/2 hour to church, others had an hour drive. In these cases the boys participate in the Activity Day program-- the "Faith in God" Book for boys. I lived in a branch in northeast Ohio, imagine having Achievement Days (when it was called that) for Boys and Girls together ages 8-11. That was a challenge!

    iphone....We took Jordan's Iphone away (teenager!)-- maybe I should start using it... or trade him phones. After reading your post, obviously I have the short end of the stick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. France how fun! So what's the new calling? And an iphone! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frikin' blogger lost my comment! It was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. World Series: The eighth and ninth innings of Game 3 were very exciting. You probably didn't watch it because that's your time to sleep.

    iPhone: They are so cool!

    Beef Chow Fun: The best? I'm not surprised. Multitudes of chefs from Hong Kong have immigrated to the UK and former UK.

    I can't wait to read about your trip to Paris.

    P.S. I'm experimenting with HTML tags as you can see.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!