Countdown to Hawaii

Monday, October 6

So bummed

I'm so disappointed! Tyler's teacher offered a trip to Rome - but they offered it to the drama club first I guess so there isn't enough room!!!! So sad!

She has been so fortunate - she is going to Normandy France in March - she can go to Switzerland for a ski Trip in February and this Rome trip was to be in January... ah the life of a 7th grader!!!

One of my children is driving me insane, it's not a hard guess to guess which one. I'm not sure if it is a constant need to be heard, a constant need to be "the best" - I said, I'm really tired today - I want to rest for 20 mins.... the other kids go upstairs, play do their homework. This one plants his butt right next to me to "do his homework" (hello we live in a larger house than the one we lived normally at home) shuffles all the papers, sighs, taps the pencil, grunts, because he cannot figure out "what do you divide by 8 to get 4?"

Then they go outside to "play" - he throws a football at the other child - in the face - he said, "we were playing catch". No - catch is between 2 willing participants - not one throwing the ball while the other is on the scooter.

Now I hear another sibling saying "no no no ________" leave me alone...... ahhhhhhhhhhhh - sometimes boarding school sounds so good......

8 comments:

  1. She is really going to get to go all those places? And in 7th grade? Crazy! I feel your pain on the kid thing...Ryan is the same way, I have to sit with him while he does his homework, practices piano, etc...Just because he wants me there....I mean, I love the kid, but come on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel your pain. I have two I think I could send off right now. I hope it get better. Awesome trips for Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool for Tyler to be able to visit those places at her age!

    I hear you on that one kid. Mine spends alot of time playing outside, in his room, anywhere but near me. Best for both parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Tyler is going to be able to see some wonderful places. Going to Switzerland to sky is so great.


    Hey did you her about the new Temple that is going to built in Rome??

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky of Tyler. Can I pass for a 7th grader and go on those trips?????

    Ahhh! We miss Chandler Bing. We miss them all.

    We all have our "sweatshirt" child dont we????

    ReplyDelete
  6. The other trips still sound fun. Grandma would love to go! Grandpa Bob too! We raised four boys and know what you are going through. We love you all and hope that December 1st comes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What terrific travel opportunities for Tyler . She will have great memories of these two years in Europe.

    As for your little Cling-on this too shall pass.

    As for the photo next to my response, it's a picture of Lucy our dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome to have those things to look forward to. I have a child that currently drives me crazy too. I guess that is the joys of being a mom :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!