The fall is a busy time for our household - we have lots of celebrations between now and through January. Today is a special one - It's Mike's big 4-0 birthday. I can't believe how fast time flies. We had a very fun surprise party for him in California before we left and tonight our new friends the Hamberlins came over for dinner (we missed you Smiths!).
Mike is definitely my soul mate - I'm so glad he found me - he is the most patient person - and he loves adventure. He has taken me on most of mine - we've known each other now for almost 19 years - yikes that sounds so old. We've been to obviously England, France, Australia, Indonesia, Spain & Italy. I'm sure I missed some place - doesn't count all the domestic travel of course - but it is quite a feat with life and kids in between them all.
We used to do lots of biking and hiking and other outdoor stuff - he'd still prefer to go dancing with me than sit on the couch and watch a movie.
I love him with all of my heart and I am so proud of the person he is. He never shirks responsibility, he is so intelligent and yet so naive in the same breath - sounds silly doesn't it? He has accomplished so much in life and work which I don't talk about too much - but I would imagine many of his goals in this life he's met (or at least I hope so). He is so generous and always tries to think of the sunny-side. He is my other half - he makes me into a nicer person - and he is very supportive.
The things we have done together have filled my memory books - I love to be with and just plainly - I love this man.
Happy Birthday to my one and only, the father of my sweet babies, my companion forever....
Hope he had a great birthday! This was a great post!
ReplyDeleteHAppy b-day Mike:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post.
Happy Birthday Mike!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe love you!
Hope Mike had a wonderful 40th birthday.
ReplyDeleteReading this addition to your blog brought tears of joy to my eyes. It is truly great to know that Mike is and has been such a wonderful mate, husband, and father.
ReplyDeleteI know from the various family gatherings over the years that he is all you've said he is. I have also learned that he is most humble about his career.
I wish him many more happy birthdays to come.
Love you all.
Happy Birthday to Mike! This was such sweet post! you guys have been to a lot of places.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMike is lucky to have a wife like you! We are proud of all of Mike's accomplishments. We love you both very much!
ReplyDelete