Here is our sweet Tristan Louise - she arrived after an extremely long day of waiting. We were scheduled for our induction at 8AM, but we kept getting bumped for spontaneous births! We had a private recovery room but you are sent to a separate birthing room to deliver so we didn't get in until 4pm - it was a long day.
Once we got in though it still took some time to get started but then it went fast. Officially it took 3:50 hours but it wasn't hard labor until the last hour or so. They do things a bit different here but here is what I do know -
Tristan weighed either 6lbs 6oz or 6lbs 12oz - depends on the conversion of grams to lbs...she passed her Apgar, but they don't do length until the home visit on the 10th day....her birthday is Nov. 21st and she was born at 8:28pm.
She's been really sweet - the first night was hard - they don't let spouses stay - even if Mike could have - but he had to do the other kids - so I was on my own - I was exhausted! I got to come home the next day after 24 hours - I was ready - I'm glad she wasn't my first baby and I knew what to look for or what to do - they didn't really check on me all night - or her - no temperature checks or anything. Luckily I had everything normal - I did the 50/50 gas thing - I don't think it really did much but it was therapeutic - no tears or stitches or that kind of thing so all is good. My belly has even gone down quite a bit I'm happy to report! It was a little strange not having my friends come to hold the baby and bring me chocolate in the hospital! My hip is doing so much better - it's a good thing.
My mom got here today - she brought goldfish and rice crackers for the kids - so far it's been very nice. I've forgotten how much time nursing takes and how tired you can be so one handed blogging is a bit of an issue. But all is good and thank you so much for the good wishes! We're just so happy she is out and healthy so far!
Congrats Crane Clan! I love the pic with all 5 kids. Little Miss TLC - welcome to the crazy family :) It's such a good thing that Holly is a "seasoned pro" at this, otherwise the hospital stay could have been a little overwhelming.
ReplyDeleteLove, Auntie Becca
Congratulations to Holly and TLC! Both look great! Now you have enough members for a full basketball team. The name for the baby is really cute and her initials are great. We look forward to seeing you, the baby and the whole family. We are excited to see Robin too. It will be fun for the two Grandmas to tend the kids. Love you all and see you in a week.
ReplyDeleteOh she is so gorgeous! That last pic is too cute! What a sweet chubby face she has! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHolly she is beautiful! I'm so happy for you and your family! Glad to hear everything went well.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!
i forgot to mention, my middle name is Louise I was named after my aunt :) Ive always loved that name!
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful!! You can tell her brothers and sister love her. They are going to be a great big help to you. Congratulations!!! Glad things went well and she arrived safe an sound!!
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful baby. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteOH MY she is so so so cute.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the pictures with us.
Congratulations :) :)
Congrats--She is GORGEOUS!! Hope you are feeling good.
ReplyDeleteWell, well, well! She's definitely got the Crane Clan look-no doubt! I am so very happy for you and for us with this absolutely gorgeous addition. You and Mike have done good, as usual. I can't wait to meet her personally and smell that oh so delish babyness.
ReplyDeleteLove, Auntie Nee-nee
Oh Holly, she is beautiful! I'm so glad everything went well. Good luck over the next few weeks...those first few are always a blur for me.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Congrats! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! TLC is so cute. I could totally pick her out of a group of newborns...she looks just like her sibbings!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are both doing well.
Congratulations! Glad everything went well. She is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSHE is so very beautiful. And I adore the name!! My warmest congratulations!!! xo.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. I love her initials!! So very fun. The conversion that we use in the hospital is 2.2 pounds to a kg.
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable Holly. I am so happy that everything is going well. I am glad to hear your Mom is there to help you. She fits in perfectly with your family!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Holly! She is so beautiful and looks just like the rest of your clan! I hope you are both doing well.
ReplyDeletecongrats! she is darling! glad things went well. i can't believe they send you home so fast.
ReplyDelete