I haven't said much about the health care here.... well - since this is #5 I do see a difference - I think that ignorance is bliss a little bit...you have to bring all of your own supplies for after the birth - and I mean literally - diapers, wipes, bathing supplies for baby & yourself, blankets, clothes - t-shirts for baby, TOWELS to dry yourself after a shower, pads and disposable underwear for yourself.... no sweet little gift pack for the new baby, no "take everything in the drawer" - no "welcome to the world little one" - I've even heard from one lady they don't even bathe the baby - so the next day if you don't think about it there's afterbirth on it..... lovely. The nurse that gave me the tour was really cute - she was so honest she said, "The food here isn't that great and they don't give very large portions unfortunately so our nursing moms tend to be a bit hungry". No chocolate cake upon request like at Valley Care. Well at least she told me, Mike will have to bring me food! They don't even measure the length of the baby the first day. They wait until you are home and send a midwife measure later. Oh and I didn't mention - that is with the Private Health care that I have, not the National Health Care!! Just imagine....We shall see - I'll return and report :)
These are pictures of Mike on his bday - welcome to middle age!
I also have forgotten to mention church lately - well I thought with a bun in the oven I'd get a break, but unfortunately I already have 2 callings!!! Mike & I were called to Activities Directors - would be okay but we have to do the Christmas Party - and it will be something like 2 weeks after I have the baby.... hmmmm. And then I was called to teach RS - which is something I quite enjoy anyway and is easy for me so I like the once a month Sunday calling! Which I'm also supposed to do in December, but my VT's said they'd cover for me if I wasn't up to it. Whew!
The kids are excited about the birthday: we'll have one on the (obviously different months) 3rd, 4th, 21st, 22nd, & 23rd.... funny huh?
So the next month will be busy - the baby on the 21st if all goes well, my mom on the 24th, my in-laws on the 2nd, baptism for Ian on the 6th, blessing hopefully on the 7th, mom goes home on the 8th, in-laws go home on the 17th - that doesn't include pinewood derby (yes they have it in December!?) holiday celebrations at school, and school concerts.... good thing I hibernated most of last week and the week before... better do some more in the next few days!
Oh Wow, I think I need to go back to bed after reading your post!
ReplyDeleteThe health care?-- yes, come back and report!
One week until baby! How time flies for us who are not pregnant-- when we went to San Francisco you were hardly a sporting a bump!
wow look at all that pink. How sweet. All you blog buddies are so excited for your family.
ReplyDeleteEverything you have made is all so cute. You are really good at that.
ReplyDeleteWOw, next week a little baby. Oh, I will be praying for you. It is so different there. Good luck with that.
My ward did that to me also. Put me in as activity person I had Ryan and then did the Christmas party a month and a half later. Not fun.
How exciting to have another girl after all these years! Love the booties and hat! I cannot believe you have to take everything! That is just crazy! I was ticked when they didn't have wet wipes at one hospital, just some dry cloths that you had to get wet in the sink. My SIL gave me a package so I wouldn't have to walk to the sink a million times. Good luck with that! I'm anxious to hear good news - but not until the hubby gets back from his trip!
ReplyDeleteAw, I love all the pink...It's not something we ever see at our house! Hope things go well for you next Friday. I can't wait to hear the update!
ReplyDeleteWow, get some rest! You're going to need it.
ReplyDeleteNational health care- not the best thing is it?
All that pink is SO SWEET!! Glad you found a craft store since you don't have anything else to do (wink!). The hospital Labor / Delvery set up sounds so different, glad you know what to do and what to bring.
ReplyDeleteHave you picked out a name for Tyler 2.0?
Look at you go! That's impressive work you do. I still can't believe you have baby #5 almost here! I'm so excited for your family! The health care is definately different. Good luck with that...and please do report on how everything goes!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything!! How fun to have another girl after the 3 boys. Can't wait to see pics of the precious sweet pea. :D
ReplyDelete