Countdown to Hawaii

Monday, January 5

Weekend & SNOW DAY!

We had a fun weekend - we live very close to Hampton Court - the Winter diggs of Henry VIII - he'd ride down the Thames on the royal barge and come celebrate down here - it was dang cold - you could see why the royals needed so many footmen about too keep the fires stoked!


All of my "Other Boleyn Girl" reading has come in handy here - along with all of my Jane Austen - at least I know where places are! Hampton Court is much larger than I realized so luckily we purchased a family season pass so we can come back to explore - they even have a weekend in March to come and cook in their vast kitchens with the huge hearths - they also have an outdoor ice skating rink right now and a merry-go-round and Sugar Floss (Cotton Candy)



Later Saturday night we had our friends the Hamberlin's over for dinner. We introduced them to Wii Fit - I have some great video footage of Mark doing the Hoolahoop catch! I'm saving that for a future bargaining chip.



We also taught them the Left, Right, Center game - we didn't plan well though because we didn't have enough coins so we played with playing cards instead - however, the two littlest ones (Emma & Lucas) ending up winning!



You can't see them as well as we intended but cutie patutie Tristan has on fashion tights - the ones with that look like Mary Janes - however she also slept through church so no one got to see her fabulous outfit - oh well - there's always next week.

Today was the first day back to school - we woke up to snow!! I'm a Calfornia Girl - so weird to send the kids out to school in the snow (thank heaven school wasn't closed!) They all loved it - you wouldn't know it, but these pictures were taken at 7:45 whilst we waited for the bus to come to the house. Mike couldn't get out of the drive way in his car - luckily mine is 4-wheel drive so he ended up taking my car.
Sadly my car sits outside - we only have a one car garage if you can believe it!


The kids had a good day - it snowed all morning - Mike tried to buy salt on the way home - but their pint sized psuedo Home Depots sold out within 15 mins after they opened - we'll see how it goes tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. oh I love the tights, I can imagine what they look like.. she is so adorable!
    that is so fun to be where so much history is! and to see amazing places..
    we play that left right center game with candy.. little pieces like m&ms..

    you look great! so glad school wasn't canceled for snow there, we get it canceled all the time here for snow, our christmas break was 20 days long this year.. I was so glad the snow didn't stick last night!

    stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to be able to go to Hampton Court. Your family have been to so many wonderful places. Places that i have only read about.

    Looks like you have made some great friends.
    Thanks for posting all the pictures. I alwasy enjoy reading your blog.
    Have a great week and enjoy the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been getting so much snow today. Jason is out plowing right now.

    I love those tights. I have seen them around and think they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Fun! FUN! I bet your kids are loving experiencing the snow as much as the other amazing opportunities they are having there! So cool to see those amazing historic place! Plus, that little girlie is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to show Jordan your snow. He loved London and wants to go back someday. I will have to show him your blog and your pictures.

    Good to see you are all doing well. Love the Mary Jane tights-- Tristan is so cute and you are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty soon you will have seen more of London than I have. Great that your getting out in that lovely chilly weather. Brrr, seeing Lucas going off to school brings back memories !
    We had some neighbours over for New Years Eve and missed you guys.Tristan is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly, I am so glad to see you are all doing so well! You look amazing for just having a baby. Tristan is ADORABLE!!! Good luck with the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, finally found your blog.--very cute. I kept finding "all in the family" instead of "simplicity"! Yes, I am really that slow. Bargaining chip Wii photos? I'll have to get working on some of you guys :) My mom just sent the Wii Fit for Mark and my birthdays. Don't worry, I won't be working out with that any time soon. I'm, uh 30 after all and I can barely run, ha ha. I think Tristan appears bigger and older in all these pictures than in real life.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!