We girls went to Bologna to meet our friend Geraldine from HS - she lives near there and it was so fun to catch up. Her little girl is adorable and we had a great time.
Leaning Towers of Bologna
Our next day we went into Milan and Max had the day off - it was a holiday actually so very CROWDED - but we had a fabulous time anyway!
Tyler's ears are clean!
Washing stations by the canal - get to work ladies!
La Scala - perhaps in the ballet one day....
The famous Bull - you make a wish and turn your heel on him 3 times...
I'm taller than Auntie Nu!
Cinque-something (500 series)
Eating our beloved panzerotti - the best place to get it is a little place by the movie theater - deep fried dough with mozzarella & proscuitto! Yum!
The best gelato!
Look at the size of the pizza! And yes, we had our gelato before our dinner - oops don't tell my mom!
Pooped after a long day out
What a trooper!
I had to jump right back into the swing once we got home - no rest for the weary! Mike left for Germany and Chandler went to 4th grade away camp - I thought he might fall over from the weight of his rucksack!!! He comes home tonight I'm sure he'll have stories!
Cman, Ms. Moore (who's from SF!) & Donnie
Donnie & Cman - packed & ready to go. They have a talent show and the boys have been practicing for months - they were like a traveling band - they had Donnie's bongos & trumpet and Cman's clarinet!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful trip! THANKS so much for sharing your trip with us.
ReplyDeleteThat is so amazing that you could go to Italy. That place is on my list of places to go. My sister said they do have the best gelato.
ReplyDeleteI think it's so great how you guys are taking advantage living over there. So jealous :)
ReplyDeleteHolly - You are living the life. Love the posts and pictures. Your girls are darling!
ReplyDeleteSo fun to read you casually write about traveling all over the world. I used to do that once. Maybe one day, again! LOL
ReplyDeleteLucky you! I am jealous!
ReplyDeleteThat picture of Tyler in front of the fountain with your comment made me totally crack up. I bet it's nice to be quite a bit closer to your friend than when you were in the US. You'll be able to see her more often.
ReplyDelete