Countdown to Hawaii

Tuesday, May 13

Happy Mother's Day!

We had a really nice mother's day this year - totally forgot to take pictures of the kiddies - but Linda should be posting pictures of us relaxing while the men and children toiled! Linda and her family came over as is our tradition. We got yummy tri-tip sandwiches, lots of yummy snacks, and the kids made us giant homemade chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches!!! Can't ask for more. I even got breakfast in bed - so nice to have late church this year.

My mom is here too and my brother and SIL came and brought her this giant edible fruit basket, me flowers and then took my mom to lunch and a movie.


Such a nice day - I love the handmade cards and pictures - they kids wanted to get me a new softball mitt but they want me to pick it out - so funny at the end of the day - my husband gave me a giant hug and said, "Now I know why you get so tired, I'm exhausted!"

What special things did you get today??

6 comments:

  1. love it when the husbands really get what we do! that fruit basket is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Relaxing Sunday mornings are pretty few and far between here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got one of those fruit baskets for Jake's b-day and it was yummy - all the fruit was dipped in chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!
    Congrats to your husband...how awesome is he for doing the triathlon! Holy cow that must of been hard! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too funny about what mike said..you should have turned around and requested some "wink wink" to make a a full mothers experience for him dont ya think!! hahah

    oh ive seen those fruit baskets-that one is ginormous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good day. I was happy to have 11:00 church with meetings before cancelled! :) So I got breakfast in bed and little present surprises all day from when I woke up till I went to bed. I was quite impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!