Countdown to Hawaii

Wednesday, May 28

Memorial Day

We had a very fun Memorial Day weekend - Friday night I got to go to book club, my first one - all of the others have been on my birthday , or Tyler's Bday or I was out of town - I really like these ladies - very down to earth and fun. It was at this one lady's house who is Indian - she made the Best Chicken Marsala - my mouth was burning of course, but it was soooooo good.




We read this book - SNOOOOZER - not one of us finished the book and we only meet every other month! Soooooo boring - with a few good points. I guess Oprah did some video cast with it on her show - it's supposed to be much better together. Way too much about the Id, Ego, and Spirituality, but more worldly spirituality if you understand what I mean. So not on my "Good Reads" recommend list at all....

Saturday we had no games - it was great - Mike and I decided to go up to the Temple - we were on our way, would have just made the 10am session, and ding - my recommend was expired by a month! You could tell the Temple Worker was so sad for me.... but we tried! So weird because I've never done that before - oh well.

So we came home to be with the kiddies and worked in the back yard all day - it was very productive. On Saturday night we joined about 70 other parents from our elementary school and went to Tommy T's which is a comedy club - it was a hoot - we had VIP seats and had a blast!

Sunday was regular church so all was well - then we had our friends the Arnolds come over for a BBQ, it was very fun - they have 4 kids too and Chandler & Greg are best buds - they had a family against family football game (sans the moms - we stayed inside where it was warm)

Monday is our Ward's annual Memorial Day Breakfast - and our family tradition is to ride our bikes to the church - it was fun, the kids love going on bike rides which is nice since Mike and I like to go more now. We just had to pull Lucas in the Burley - and poor Ian - we were supposed to get him a new bike for his bday last October - well, we have yet to get one so he had to over pedal on his little bike. The ward decided to have a huge Spring Cleaning at the church - so we were supposed to clean bathrooms, floors, outside windows, walls, you name it - so we were there for a while, I came home exhausted!

Then our friends the Beans had a neighborhood bbq - they have the perfect backyard for it too, pool, sport court & lots of space to sit and relax -

But then it all had to end and back to the grind on Tuesday - well I'm off to do more laundry!!!! It never ends..

8 comments:

  1. Hey Holly I think I would rather go to Hawaii than Arizona any day!!! Sounds like you were busy bees over the weekend. Glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh crap i forgot i was SUPPOSE to be doing laundry & NOT blogging! dangt

    im glad to hear you "review" of oprahs book...it did seem way hyped up--

    your girls weekend looked fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and tiring weekend. Lots of cleaning. I have done that with my recomend also. THankfully I noticed on the way to the temple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laundry never goes away.

    Bummer on the recommend - I need to get in to the Stake Pres., I've been sitting on mine for about a month.

    Memorial Day Bike ride and Breakfast sounds like a fun way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun memorial weekend. I agree with your take on A New Earth. I got about 2/3 of the way through it and gave up. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Memorial Day, family bike rides are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer about the temple. I still think you get points for making the effort! I too LOVE productive Saturdays like that.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you have been BUSY!! Thanks for the review on the Oprah book...I have had it on my nightstand for over a month now. Glad to know I'm not missing anything

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!