Countdown to Hawaii

Sunday, September 7

First London Tour

Well we took the tube into London today - I learned on the tour bus that there are only 7,000 that actually live in the actual city of London - all the surrounding areas are London Proper and are all the other boroughs (like Westminster, etc.)

We got on a tour bus and the KIDS LOVED it - we didn't really tour any of the sites, we figure we have time plus when friends and family come to visit we'll be going to the places often.




Parliament & Big Ben


London Bridge - they are going to close it soon to paint it Red, White & Blue for the 2012 Olympics.... should be interesting - there was scaffolding everywhere in preparation... guess after they saw China they thought they had some work to do...



Lucas & I were smart - we stayed INSIDE upstairs in the tour bus.



We actually went on a fun day too - there was a bike race, a marathon & a Gigantic Street fair on Regent's Street - they closed down the whole street (it is a main drag for downtown london!) - it was really fun.

We got our XC90 Volvo rental car - figured the only time I would ever get a volvo - for 15 days anyway - Mike did a great job driving on the wrong side of the road - we took the kids to see the house - can't get in until tomorrow - but here we are....




We go tomorrow to start Phase III - the move in with temporary goods...... Our first shipment of things by air may arrive as early as Wednesday - yahoo! We'll see - the other things aren't scheduled to arrive any earlier than Sept. 26th. Mike just found the Cleveland/Dallas Football game (it's 9:30 pm here) he's in sports withdrawl.

Won't have internet for a while so I won't be able to post for a little bit - I have to hurry and get it up so I can stay connected!!!! I miss my friends & family already!! Can't wait to catch up on all your blogs!!

15 comments:

  1. hi.. your home is beautiful..how exciting.. how fun to see all those things! what a fun way to tour the city! it's like you are living a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I'm definitely feeling very un-glamourous here. Document every minute of your adventures so that we can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful home. What a fun adventure for your family. Will you please write a "how-to" on moving your family abroad? I'd love to have that adventure someday but I think the hardest part would be how in the world to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made it! You guys look like you are having fun so far. Love the picture of the Crane kids infront of their new home.

    Not quite sure about the bridge being painted red, white and blue - very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys arrived safe and sound. Looks like you had a fun adventure! Way to go. Your house looks beautiful! Miss you guys though. I went by your old house as I was taking Devin to play football at Foothill high. No Cranes home to visit with though.:(
    Love you guys. Have tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun w/end. Alex and Cam loved the tube, buses and taxi's to get around while playing tourist as well. They are very fun.
    Your house is gorgeous, I am sure you are already getting it into shape.
    The street is very quiet without the Cranes !

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOve your home.. Enjoy your new life my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant wait to see the inside all put together. We miss you guys. it is so weird to see the kids in pictures so far away :(

    I will get signed up with Skype......

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the outside of your house. I may need to come visit you sometime. I LOVE London and would love to spend more time there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm waiting for the day Holly gets to drive on the wrong side of the road. That would be something to see ! Kids, tell us all about it.

    This is really cool . . .I've never emailed someone in Europe.

    Lucas has his same puzzled look, Ian looks like trouble is now his middle name, Chandler cautiously is taking it all in and Tyler remains a princess who now lives in the land of royalty.

    Enjoy this moment in time and know you all are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow....how exciting and what a beautiful home!!! My hubby has many relatives in England....his mom is from Chester....ONE day we'll get there. I must see it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I am SOO jealous!!! What a chance of a lifetime to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an exciting adventure. The house is beautiful!! I hope everyone adjusts well to the move. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing experience your kids will have in the next few years. I can't wait to read about more of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your in London! I can't believe it! The house looks great and I hope your adjustment is well. Good luck with phase 3!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!