Countdown to Hawaii

Saturday, September 27

A&E Part II

Well most of you haven't even probably read my Part I ordeal yet - and alas - we've already had another!!!

Camille - I'm thinking this isn't going to be typical!!!

We went to "El Torito's" tonight - not quite like the chain at home - the had mexican (sort of), italian, & spanish tapas!! Ah, and host the Salsa Dance club on Tuesday nights. However this food was rather good for once.

So just before our 6pm reservation - little Lucas cries, My Ear Hurts.......................

Gave him some Tylenol - went to dinner - he ate was fine, then bam...... My Ear Hurts.... cries... I want to go to the Doctor!!!

Of course it is 7:30, no urgent care is open on a Saturday night. Back to the A&E - but I wanted to try the OTHER hospital tonight. All 6 of us in tow - such a better choice - they have a whole pediatric area - I think we stayed there only about 1 1/2 but it wasn't bad. They didn't know what Tylenol/Acetominophen was at first, but then our English translation finally came through. Got Amoxocillian and went back home. A much more bearable experience - and I asked the triage nurse about my Peanut Allergy care and she was surprised - she said they would have immediately taken one of those cases in.... live and learn....

Such a nice way to spend a Family Saturday Night....if I drank I'd take a "double" - of what exactly I'm not sure :)!

And yes, Julie - I think Linda should send me a care package every month too! Chocolate, goldfish, luckily they have Diet Coke here!!!

11 comments:

  1. sorry to hear of your a&e's!! :( hope both ian and lucas are doing better and i hear you on the not fun at all, but at least you manage to look on the bright side of things!! (i'll take that double for you!) ;) glad to see you guys are settling in! miss you already! xoxo tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Holly (and Ian and Lucas! Drama, drama, drama! Thank goodness for American neighbors who are there for you! Good luck staying out of the hospital, for at least ONE week!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing! Going through all that in a strange country, while pregnant too! I hope Ian and Lucas feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog with great interest. The "You're just a housewife" treatment was a real eye openner! The "ER" scene you described at the first ER was what I would have pictured in the National Healthcare scenario. A 3 hour wait in a California ER for a potential case of anaphylaxis borders on negligence. It was a good thing that you were able to get the needed prednisone. Finding the ER with the pediatric clinic will serve you well in the future. P.S. Reina and I love your Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about lucas.... You all have had a hard few weeks..
    Stay strong girl....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great googely moogely! Every month???? I cant even send my mom a bday present!!! :)

    It was so fun talking to you guys yesterday, even though the screen was dominated by little heads. I loved seeing how excited they were seeing each other. It was so cute. Hayden really thought yu guys were coming to dinner last night. After church he got all dressed and was ready to go. Poor little guy. He misses Lucas alot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS

    I am glad that Lucas and Ian are feeling better. What is it going to be like at the hospital when you have the baby? Is Mike going to have to deliver her??????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Ian and Lucas are hen we were in England we never liked the food but I bet you found some new places to try. You do a great job and most people would have folded under the pressure. Hope you and the baby are doing well. We leave Friday to go Tahoe with our friends. We will tell you how things are. Love you all and give a big hug to Mike and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holly: Sorry for the typing mistake on the last comment. I am not use to the keyboard on the IMac yet. What I meant to say is that we hope Ian and Lucas are OK! And when we were in England we never liked the food but you probably know some great restaurants now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Emily told me this morning that she had checked out your blog and that you had your baby. I told her she was wrong. And she kept saying, "No mom! The Cranes had their baby and it is so cute. And one of her boys ate something that was made him sick and had to go to the hospital. Check out the Crane's blog. Holly has pictures of it!" Then we went to my parents house for piano lessons and Emily goes and tells my Dad that Holly Crane had her baby and Holly looks so cute in the pictures with the baby.

    She's is cracking me up right now with her Crane stories! And who knew that she reads blogs before school?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not again! I really hope it gets better for you! Luckily there is a better place to go if there is a next time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!