We're having a good time - there's so much going on and not at the same time - here are a few of my observations:
I have 9 weeks left of this pregnancy - can't wait to get her out, but it's nice to have time for me right now. I'm still relatively small but my bad leg is taking the brunt of the pregnancy - last years accident I think left my veins a little less than perfect. It's funny though - my other leg isn't have problems so that is why I believe it is more accident related
Things are basically coming together - we still don't have our sea shipment - but it's not such a bad thing - we don't have a lot - but we can keep the house pretty tidy.
Making new friends - EVERYONE is so nice and helpful here - at least through church, school and the women's group. I miss my old friends and talking to my girlfriends - and my more permanent neighbors haven't come out of their houses yet - hmmm
Kiddies - they are bonding, they aren't bonding - I think they are getting a little stir crazy lately - we don't have any bicycles, or scooters, or even a ball so they don't really get out much after school right now. They drive each other a little bonkers I think. Saturday was good though we got the boys into Football and Football. American & European!
The driving is getting a lot easier - guess there's no negative for that one
School - the honeymoon is ending- the kids are finally realizing they have HOMEWORK!
We finally have money!! But my ATM card doesn't work!!! Ha ha, guess things can't be perfect.
Ty & Lucas were both under the weather Saturday - Lucas slept about 6 hours during the day - he's been worn out by school I guess - but he's doing well - even on Saturday and Sunday he wants to "go to schoool"!! Not to church or other things - it's very cute.
Our ward had a Munch & Mingle today - it was really fun - everyone brings a goodie for after church and it's a really nice social - our ward has about 120 people total in it - it reminds me a lot of when we went to the singles ward in college - we met in the institute building then - it's like that here - the building is quaint and old - the cultural hall doubles as the chapel/Gospel Doctrine room & RS. I never have to leave the room for the whole block! One thing about these wards though - they do everything online! They send lots of emails for everything so it is very convenient!
That's my update for the weekend - gotta get ready for bed - I know - most of you are just starting your days!
I keep forgetting that you are that close to the end of the pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like things are falling to place and you are getting comfortable there! 9 weeks! Wow! Right around Christmas! Sooooo fun! Bummer about the leg. I feel for you.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing a great job and we really appreciate all you do for Mike and the kids. Your writing on the blog is informative for all of us so we can keep up to date with your adventures. Take time to relax because it won't be long before you have your precious baby girl to add to your adventure. We love all of you! It was great to talk to you today. Love, grandma & grandpa Bob
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you and your family are doing well. A lot of things to get use to I'm sure. But what a great opportunity it is to be able to go to a place and live that lot of people don't experience in a life time. Enjoy the journey. What great memories.
ReplyDelete9 weeks....... glad to hear that people are nice to you.. I always wonder what it would be like live in another country...
ReplyDeleteWow you are coming down to the wire with the pregnancy. Exciting! Glad to hear that you are somewhat settling in. 120 members is pretty small, but it sounds like you are surrounded by some great people.
ReplyDeleteHang in there!
Oh, the adventures
ReplyDeleteI loved reading about your ward. In Ohio we had a branch and met in the same type of building you described-- the one room that is used for everything and partitions off for classes. Kind of weird when you are used to a separate chapel. We also had branch socials after church... because of the driving distance. That branch loved us and we loved them... we depended on each other so much.
Good...you've survived 31 weeks of pregnancy. Bad...you (unfortunately) have 9 LONG weeks left.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to hear how things are going there.
I'm glad things are going well... sounds like you guys are adjusting just fine. How interesting and fun to have a baby over there. What great stories you'll have to tell about the first few years of her life. Any names yet?
ReplyDelete