Countdown to Hawaii

Saturday, February 14

Davos

I will have to post our pictures in stages - most of the action ones were on Tyler's camera up in the mountains. We had a wonderful Mid-Winter Break. Mike did a great job planning our vacation and there was quite a lot to it.

We were such a sight - but we packed well so we only had 6 pieces of luggage and all the kids had backpacks. We also had the stroller so we had the Thule box on top of the car and all the kids had luggage on their laps driving to the first hotel.

We then tried to take a shuttle to the airport to make our early AM flight - but the bus was full, so we had to call a taxi. The first one only sat 7 - which included the driver - so that didn't work, so they called a second taxi!! Finally we were on our way.

Security is always a big deal when your alone - but imagine 7 of us! The kids did great though - all of them. They are becoming really great travelers. It doesn't faze them at all - the shoes off, the jackets off, go through the metal detector, put everything back on, holding hands, putting on seat belts. They were excellent on the plane and polite - we got so many compliments on our kids - mostly from little old ladies - but it is so considerate of them to let us know they thought our kids were good, well behaved. We got all kinds of comments our whole trip - I think at first people look at us because we're a spectacle - but then they watch us and luckily they were good!

It makes it all worth it when they are having a good time and not bothering other people at the same time. Tristan did really well on her first flights too - she didn't fuss at all and was really relaxed.

After the quick flight to Zurich we had to start the rest of the adventure - 3 trains!! The cool part is that you check your luggage in at the airport but we don't have to pick them up to drag them through the train stations - they send it directly to the hotel for you. I think all travel should be that way!

We got to the Arabella Sheraton in Davos - it was beautiful and the largest 2 rooms (connected even!) we've stayed in - in a long time!

The big kids all went skiing - Chandler actually went snowboarding - we had them take refresher lessons. Lucas took his first lessons. Mike, Tyler, Chandler & Ian went off by themselves for a couple of the days so it was me, Lucas & Tristan.

I should have had someone take my picture - you'll have to visualize - I had the baby in the Baby Bjorn front pack, back pack with my stuff, holding Lucas' hand, carrying his skis and boots taking him to and from his ski lessons......and it snowed every day....good times :)

Here are some great pictures of Lucas on the snow - Switzerland is beautiful country. They actually spoke more German than I thought they would - I thought there would be more Italian and French - but I knew enough of the pleasantries - it was fun for us all and the food was yummy!







From our balcony

Lucas, BoBo the Penguin & Roman his teacher




When can we get on the slopes?

I'm ready!


Our cute little snow bunny

12 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm exhausted just reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how fun.. what an adventure.. that is so awesome your kids were so good for you.. and really cool that others noticed and mentioned it..you are a great mom.. sounds like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what lucky kids you have! Great memories for you all. And aren't you a trooper... not all Mom's can be so brave! I can totally picture you with the skis, baby in front, backpack on back, holding a hand.... I have done that before! About that time Jordan learned to ski and then Scott and him were on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly wait to read your other posts and see pictures. What an awesome experience for the kids!! Was it the Eurail Train you were on? My mom says that is the best way to see Europe. She is German and has been back to visit several times. How FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a amazing trip That will be a trip that you kids will always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! What a trip for a family of 7. All of you need to be congratulated for a successful and fun trip. Great planning and execution.
    Lucas looks especially cute in his ski outfit. Switzerland is a beautifully scenic country.
    I loved looking at all of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are getting quite the experience! so fun for you and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh how fun Holly! It looks like it was a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHew. So happy to hear it was a great success. And your sweet little girl--priceless. Love that bow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kids are the luckiest. This is all such an amazing opportunity for them. Glad to hear you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see more pictures! Switzerland - you and your family are so lucky! Then again, I live next to Dublin (why am I complaining - hee hee hee)!!!!

    Hmmm - who's cuter? BoBo or Roman? Love it! And your little snow bunny is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Taking a trip to Switzerland, like you were just going skiing in Colorado or something. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!