Well Friday started our pretty low-key weekend. Lucas was special helper so he made this really cool hat at school. The teacher says Lucas always helps tell the teacher who is special helper every day - they have a wheel with the kids names on it and Lucas knows all of their names.
I finally made our Chinese New Year dinner - I don't actually have a calendar with holidays on it - I guess I haven't signed up for the right one for Ical....
I made beef & broccoli, steamed minced pork, & steamed minced pork & egg - all home-type specialties my grandma taught me when I was a girl. I luckily had some lop cheong (sausage), bamboo shoots and water chestnuts to make it more complete. Too bad I didn't have oyster or hoisin sauce! I have however seen a Chinese market not too far from here but haven't gone in yet... since these were the last of my special supplies I got from the US I better check it out! It is the Year of the Ox - my dad's year... should be a good year!
Friday Night was the 3rd grade American Indian Musical.......
He played the xylophone (which he didn't tell me about!) and a song flute - he did really well and it was fun to watch.
Chandler & Tyler both got to have friends over for sleep overs this weekend so we had lots of kids.
Mike went to the car store to buy one of those Thule thingys for the top of our car - we're getting ready for Switzerland next weekend....
A good thing too - we're getting a head start - it started snowing again tonight - burrrr - I can't believe I live in a place that snows! Although they tell me it is very rare, so might as well enjoy it. The kids are hoping school is cancelled tomorrow - I'm hoping not!!
Looks cold!! But, it has been cold here without the fun snow so enjoy :-) Love reading your posts. I can hardly wait to see the pictures from your Switzerland, ski adventure, have fun.....
ReplyDeleteThanks for getting me started with my Blog. I just realized that I can leave comments. (wow am I slow....)
OH your dinner sound so good. Hmm you will have to make for me sometime. :)
ReplyDeleteIan looks so cute in his American Indian Musical.
How does your children like their school?
Oh! I cant beleive we missed Chinese New Year! I remember our huge feast last year! It was so yummy! It seemed like we were cooking all night- so fun
ReplyDeleteSuperbowl wasnt the same without you guys----:(
Saw the news this morning and they were showing all the snow coming down in Heathrow and all flights to London were canceled --- guess the kids have no school?! They were big beautiful fluffy flakes!!
ReplyDeleteYummy dinner! Have fun in Switzerland-one of the guys on the Cisco investment team with Nathan lives in Switerland with his family-they are great!
ReplyDelete