Countdown to Hawaii

Monday, February 2

Snow Day

It was all white today - Mike measured 10 inches of snow - we've never had to stay home from school for snow before!!! I'm glad we had lessons on 72 hour kits - all the kids had friends over so my milk & bread supply is almost depleted sadly - we've already been told tomorrow is no school as well. We're totally snowed in - no cars up or down the street for quite a way - they don't have plows here because they don't normally have this much snow - they said it was the most snow we've had here in 2 decades! We don't have satellite because we have too much snow on our roof, but luckily we have phones and internet!!

The kids will be staying home tomorrow as well - we'll get ready for another stay in day!!!

















5 comments:

  1. Look at all these fun experiences and memories your kids will always have from this experience! Who knew you would actually be getting snow days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrrr! It's snowing in DC today too. I saw on the news that London has no snow-plows. How funny :) They make a big mess around here, with icky salt that gets all over your vehicles. I saw this funny sign on a local car wash trying to drum up business, it said "Salt is not a color".

    Keep warm and have fun making snow angels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo bring on the hot chocolate! That's a TON of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is a lot of snow. On the TODAY show this morning, they were taking about all the snow you all got.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw on the news that you guys got hammered. Wow, that is a lot of snow!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!