Countdown to Hawaii

Friday, December 14

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

Luckily I don't need to cry! It was a great day! Yes, today is my birthday - another year older - more wrinkles, gray hair thisyear, little more flabby..... oh well - rites of passage I guess or signs of a good life.

Linda and I planned on going out to lunch and she asked if I wanted to invite anyone else - it sounds weird to invite people to your own birthday lunch but I got over it - I thought I should embrace it - so I thought of the friends that I really like to spend time with the most - it was completely last minute but I was pleasantly surprised so many could make it on a spur of a moment....we went to Tomatinos to make it easy for the kiddos - we ended up having 3 babies there plus Lucas - they were all terrific

Ms. Laura & Ms. Judy

Linda & La La



Michelle & her baby's foot

Sheryl & Bradley

The kids then came home from school - I'm actually still a bit under the weather so by 4pm I had to lie down. Mike came home early to make me dinner - I did the grocery shopping this morning and they got me new PJ's and a Le Cruset pot I had my eyes on - so it was a great day. My dad called me this morning along with my mom - my dad's bday is Saturday so I was like his bday present - it's very fun for me to celebrate my birthday with my dad. My brothers all called me early too so I was a good day.


Me & My honey - I still kinda have sick eyes but oh well, my birthday only comes once a year!

My treasures

8 comments:

  1. UUUUUGGGGG! Why do I always look like I have 20 chins!!!!!!!
    We had a fun lunch and I am paying the price, or should I say that everyone around me is paying the price----stinky garlic breath. Good birth control I guess! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had a great B-day :)

    HAPPY B-day girl:)!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again happy birthday!! Every girl needs a girlfriend lunch for her special day. Glad you made arrangements to do so.

    Love that photo of you and your "treasures" So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Holly! Wish we could have been in on the lunch! I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dang i TOTALLY forgot to take photos of kristens bday lunch-DANGT! im so not a good blogger obviously!

    happy bday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a great birthday!!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!