Between today and tomorrow I will have participated in 3 cookie exchanges - can you hear my pants starting to split right now??? It is always so fun to go to - I never host them because I have two friends that LOVE to do it every year and they are both my neighbors - so since it's their tradition I just attend - nice - I can leave my house messy with flour and sugar and piping and sprinkles and just attend and eat - so nice. And since Ian is allergy to peanut I have to eat his share - the things I sacrifice for my kids.....
It was uber-crowded though and I had had a jam packed day so I was pretty tired but I was very positive and supportive, Mike had been talking about bringing the kids down there for the last 3 weeks. So after school I girl scouts and Chandler had Destination Imagination and I think that day LInda & I may have gone to the mall or something so it was go go go, but it was a fun family outing even though we didn't get down there until after 7 and hadn't eaten yet......but we are certainly getting into the Christmas Spirit!!!
Only a week left! Yikes!
Today is my girlfriend Gloselle's bday - I would post a picture but my scanner isn't working right - she is a great friend - actually we met in the dorms at good ol' SJSU - we are 5 days apart in age both asian and like white guys (wait this sounds familiar). We don't get to see each other often even though we only live about 30 mins away - life keeps us busy but what I love about Glos is that when we pick up the phone and talk - it's like no time has ever passed - we chat and laugh and it's like we just saw each other yesterday - she is one of my "lifer-friends". I was in her wedding - thoroughly honored - she's like a sister to me since I have none - I love her to death - she is a great mother & wife - how she met her wonderful husband is a story in itself - she is talented, creative and beautiful and a great friend.
Actually - it's Glos' doing that I'm a member of the church. Her HS sweetheart was a member and was debating about going on a mission - Glos' wanted to take the Missionary lessons our second year of college - and I had met Mike that year (when he was a missionary) he taught in a Vietnamese Branch so he referred us to the Single Adult missionaries - long story short - she wanted to take the discussions but didn't want to go alone - so being the supportive friend - I told her I'd listen to them with her but I wouldn't join the church - I knew a little bit because my grandma was a member and I used to go to primary with her (the seeds were planted) - well - lo and behold here I am 17 years later - yikes that sounds old - oh well
Hope all your Christmas preparations are going well! I'm off to eat a cookie and go to bed!
oooh christmas in the park! that is sooooo funny about our old, you are talking about the one on third street right? i wonder if that crazy peacock is still there. thanks for the memories!
ReplyDeleteHow fun Christmas in the park!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy all your yummy cookies :)
Those cookies looks so yummy, but not as yummy as you and the kids in the second picture! So cute! I love that bit about pancakes eaten in your old bedroom - so cool!
ReplyDeleteIt is defintely crunch tim with only a week away til Christmas! Yikes! I am not done shopping either!
is THAT how you met mike?!?! how funny i never knew the "story" behind you guys--im going to have to fill jon in now...
ReplyDeletexmas in the park sounds fun--i love that your old bedroom you can eat pancakes in! how fitting!
That is so great to find out how you joined the church and met your hubby. That is so neat. THose cookies look so good and I have to say I am soo glad I didn't get invited to 3 cookie exchanges. I would be so toast!
ReplyDeleteYowzers that is a lot of cookies. My sister did one last year and I recall her baking ALL day.
ReplyDeleteThat visit to Santa looks fun. We don't have any cool villages like that around here.
3 more days till Christmas are you ready!??
what a great friend to lead you to the gospel like that. .awesome story! better friend!
ReplyDeletecookies look yummy!