Countdown to Hawaii

Tuesday, December 11

Sick Days

I truly have started to blog quite a few times in the last week only to be interrupted and never finished. It was a hectic weekend and I'm happy to report that I've almost finished my shopping but it's all the "other" stuff I am still plucking away at.

We're having Christmas Eve here with my family - and I mean FAMILY - it's my dad's side of the family - we always celebrate Christmas Eve together - but there are about 70 of us now. I haven't had it at my house in a few years but my husband, and my mom seem to think that we always have it because they say - "we aren't doing it AGAIN"? but I'm happy to do it - I would much rather have it at my house than not at all. My aunt owns a bus company so she decorates a bus and brings it and after dinner all the kids and some adults pile on and we look at lights and christmas carol while the adults back at the house sort the heaps and heaps of presents and tidy up some of the dinner dishes. I cannot imaging Christmas without the chaos of Christmas Eve - I'll be sure to post pictures. Mike & I are thinking of throwing a curve at the family too - (since my grandma passed away 5 years ago we're the only Mormons - well maybe the only regular church goers period) so I think we're going to make them participate in a live Nativity - I'll keep you posted!

Tyler had her Nutcracker performance - her best friends the twins shared the role of Clara - it turned out really nice - but am I glad it is over! I've been under the weather all weekend with a sore throat and cough - but there is not rest for the weary mom as you all know.... so yesterday I did a couple quick errands and took it easy - even fell asleep on the family room floor with Lucas watching The Incredibles!





My brother Brian drove in from Vegas for the weekend - the poor guy - he came to visit my other grandma and his friends but Friday night (after driving all day safely) he had dinner with us then went to a friend's house - then his friend drove Brian and they were going to another guy's house when they got into a bad car accident! His friend made a wrong turn and drove his car with my brother in it - into a cement pylon - it was so sad, they were all safe, the car had safety bags - but it was an ordeal - my brother went to the ER - so Mike went to get him because it was late and in scarry-ville - so he hung out with us until he had to leave early Sunday morning! Crazy



Tyler also had a huge project for school so her girl friends were over all day/night and did the projects here then spent the night and I got them ready for Nutcracker. We also had a party Saturday night for Mike's work friends - it was so fun

I'm trying to get all my shopping done early this week - my bday is coming this week and my pet peeve is when I buy someone else a Christmas gift on my birthday - I decided a few years back that I should only shop for myself on my bday! It is always hard having a near Christmas birthday - it's worse when you get a Christmas decoration for your bday - it's not like you can use it all year round! Well enough of my going on and on - hope you are all doing something fun today!

PS - Christina - we had to move hump day lunch day to another day - the kiddos aren't in school on Wednesdays - now it's kind of hit or miss....

10 comments:

  1. fun your bday is this week!!??

    scary about your brother-what a pain though to have to deal with all that---

    FUN xmas eve-i LOVE the party bus thing!! we're having my moms side of the family on sunday-the people list keeps getting BIGGER!! YIKES!

    im with you-the major stuff is shopped for, now its the little stuff..which is such a pain sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wondered what it would be like to have a birthday around christmas... Im sure youve gotten your share of christmas stuff and "combined" birthday/christmas gifts. Aaagh, what can you do. I love the bus idea too.. what a unique thing for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your brother. . So glad you were there. so he could stay at your home.
    Oh the nutcracker. Tyler looks so cute :)
    HAve a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad about your brother.. what a "vacation" for him!

    happy early bday!

    taylor looks so cute!

    the parties sound fun!
    love the bus- that sounds like a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When is your bday? You never sent me that info. I hope you have fun. I hear ya on the ornaments. I always get those to.

    Your CHristmas eve sounds like a lot of fun.

    I hope your brother is okay and can get another car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Holly!! I understand what it's like having a December birthday :)
    I hope you bought yourself something really nice and hopefully no Christmas decorations! Haha

    Your Christmas Eve party sounds fun especailly the bus..hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know it was your birthday this week.

    Your family party sounds like a perfect missionary tool. I am in the same boat with my family (the only member) Do keep us posted on the nativity.

    The bus thing would be so cool!! I hope you feel better soon, you aren't allowed to be sick on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!


    i read this post but spaced on commenting! wow so fun Tyler got to be in the nutcracker!

    and huge bummer your brother was in an accident on vacation. and i totally understand the birthday by christmas part. my hubby had issues because he always go the shaft since his birthday was in December so we try to be extra careful about it now for our kids who has a December birthday.

    fun your family all comes to party at your house. and really fun to tour the lights on the bus! how fun!

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!