Where did the week go? I meant to post so many other times before but something was always coming up. Here are some of the random things I was thinking this week
1. My house looks like Santa threw up in it - I'm in that "I'm committed" to decorate state - where half of the stuff is out so now I have to finish
2. Dang it's cold outside! It is officially winter here when the temp is about 55 degrees during the day
3. Go put pants on! Those boys - they think it is summer - they constantly wear shorts and a T-Shirt every day - it's driving me bonkers
4. Turn down the Thermostat! Mike grew up in Utah, I grew up here (gas rationing, recycle everything, 2 min showers) Enough said...
5. Shopping - UGH - luckily the crowds haven't been as horrible as expected - however today is just the first day of December
6. Stop the ride - I wanna get off!! The first week back to school after a holiday is great - except you forget all the homework, pack lunches, carpool, dance/sports practices!
7. Go find your own food! Oh I forgot to plan dinner?
8. Dad, dad who? Back to late work nights and dinner meetings - oh well, at least he is in the country!
9. Only 24 more days!!?????? I need to cut my credit cards before the madness is out of control!
10. Thank Heaven for the Internet - I've been trying to grab things with free shipping
11. Gift Cards - the greatest invention
12. Wash Cycle - the constant state of my washing machine - how many clothes do the kids really own???
13. Return of the Cyclops! - had my allergy shot - not a good reaction....
14. Hooray I have my Christmas cards ready - bummer now I have to address them....
I meant to stop at 10 but I was on a roll - hope all is well with all of you!
I hear ya on the credit card thing. So much for " going light this Christmas".
ReplyDeleteBowen wore shorts and a tshirt all day long. Not even a sweatshirt while he was playing out side. crazy kid. It is freezing!!
my luke wears shorts too.. and sandals.. it too drives me crazy! it is pouring rain, hello!
ReplyDeleteglad your hubby is at least in the country!
you'll get use to school again, the schedule and then they'll be out again!!!!!!!!
have a great one!
I'd have to agree with almost everything. Well said. I've been wanting to post but everything just seems to get in the way.
ReplyDeleteWhat 55 is cold. Hello i hoping our temp gets up to 40 this week. It has been in the low 30s and high 20s forever.
ReplyDeleteOh love online shopping:)
Yea, I have been thinking about the same stuff. Crazy busy times!
ReplyDeleteI can relate to so many of these! Hang in there sista! The Holiday madness is just beginning!!! :)
ReplyDeleteha! poor auntie holly! well re: number 11, remember at least you dont have to use an 'italian dryer'! it's pouring rain here, sophia has the stomach flu and we are potty training, the hamper is about to erupt like mount etna! - i miss America!!! (and you too!).
ReplyDeleteahhhh ,love it! at least you have your cards done, and decorations are out. and your hubby is in the country fabulous! and shorts and t shirts! i am freezing but the kids run around. so they don't mind. love this list and i can NEVER stop at 10. love your list!
ReplyDeleteoh that was so fun!!
ReplyDeleterachel has YET to wear a sweater or pants..even when its raining..she's out of control..ive decided to pick my battles..i figure she's not hurting anyone..
i love that alteast mikes in the country this week!
what your cards are DONE!? i just bought the paper supplies for it..i need to write the letter..
What a cute post. I still dont have the decorations out yet (but am planning to do so today) and dont have my christmas cards done... soo youre looking pretty "together" to me!!
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to all of your random thoughts. I think we're all overwhelmed with the holidays and everything that goes with them. Hope you get everything done that you need to.
ReplyDeleteFunny you mention shorts - my Tyler is wearing out his shorts so I went to two stores yesterday looking for new shorts for the kid. And guess what I found - Z-E-R-O! Funny - I guess stores figure it is "winter" time.
ReplyDeleteI really want your dressing recipe from last night - please share! And let me know when you want me to swing on by to pick up some treasures for Emily!