

I can't believe it - my sweet little girl is now 12!!!!! My how times flies. Tyler was my cute little Budha baby - she had rolls and rolls of fat all over and she was so heavy!! You wouldn't have known it by the size she was born, 7lbs 14 oz - but she was - of course once she figured out walking it all melted off....Tyler is my best friend - I'm hoping we're foraging the kind of relationship where she can tell me anything. When my grandma died last week she was the first to comfort me. We have a shared journal - things we might want to talk about to each other but can't always do it verbally or just run out of time in the day - we write in it - put it on each other's pillow and take turns - well that night she wrote to me and left it on my pillow - she said she knew grandma was with Heavenly Father and that she was happy now.
She is so responsible and smart - she has lots of friends and tries to do what is right. We're so lucky because she has a core group of really nice girls - you can't always say that - with how catty girls can get - but all of these girls are just "nice"!
I can't do a day without her, Tyler helps me so much around the house and with the boys - she does more than her fair share around here for sure. I love having her as a daughter and am so lucky. Happy Birthday Tyler!!!
Oh I remember all of those fat rolls. She looked like the Michalin(sp) Tire baby. So cute!
ReplyDeletehappy Bday Tyler!
We love you!
Happy Birthday Tyler! she is sure cute! and what a sweet girl! love the idea of the shared journal! Hope she had a great day!
ReplyDeletewow is she 12 now!! how fun--i LOVE the journal idea thing--that would be soo good for me and rachel to be doing! thanks for the tip!
ReplyDeleteTheres nothing like a mother-daughter relationship. It gets even better as the years go by. Tyler is such a darling girl!!! Happy Birthday....
ReplyDeleteOH how sweet.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY B-day Tyler and welcome to Y.W. :)
Wow, what a sweet post. Tyler sounds awesome. My Blake will be 12 in march. TIme does go so fast!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like the ideal mother-daughter relationship! And I'm sure you deserve your share of credit in making things that way! 12! That's young women's! Very cool! What a beautiful young woman (and a cutie toddler, too)!
ReplyDeleteShe's too cute! In YW now, I bet she's so excited. I'm the 1st counselor in our YW Pres and it's so fun to see the Beehives come in, they are so happy and eager to please!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your sweet daughter! she is a cutie!! That is so neat that you are such good friends.
ReplyDeleteoh sweet.. that is so neat you have that close of a relationship.. she sounds so lucky and blessed to have such great friends..
ReplyDeletelove the journal idea.. I might borrow that!
How sweet. I love the idea of the shared journal. That is so special for you two. They grow up way too fast.
ReplyDeleteHappy B'day Tyler!! I hope you have a great weekend.
Happy Birthday Tyler! I love that you used to call her the budda baby so cute!
ReplyDeleteSo cute to see pictures of Tyler from her younger years! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHolly,
ReplyDeleteThis is such a sweet post. Tyler is just a few months younger than Courtney. They are growing up too fast! I love the idea of the share journal. I think I'll start it with Courtney today. Sometimes I just don't have time to "talk" with her. I think the oldest child does have to help out a lot.