I'm back! It seems like so long - so Happy New Year to everyone! We had a busy two weeks - I really thought I would have blogged way before now. Our Christmas was very nice, but also very somber - my grandma is still hanging in there, but I'm not sure how much longer. She will be discharged from the hospital tomorrow to go home, not because she is better though.
My grandma was stabilized Christmas day so we felt secure enough to go to Utah to visit Mike's family (sorry Brooke we ended up so busy to come visit your beautiful home!) we visited with Mike's old missionary companions, his HS girlfriend (or not, depends on the story) and his best friend in HS & Mike's Brothers. We were busy! I felt horrible though - the weather and the artificial heat are really really bad on my skin (lucky eczema girl) I looked like a zombie!!! (oh yeah, really good for seeing Mike's old friends) My eyes looked horrible, they were swollen and itchy - I felt like my skin was going to fall off!! It is so hard for me to go there in the winter.
But we did have a nice visit with his parents and friends - the kids got to sled most days and made a snowman in the backyard, we went to see Alvin & the Chipmunks, so fun, played Guitar Hero with Uncle Todd & Aunt Rachel, trips to the Gateway, Mike even went on a business trip in the middle of our trip! Centerville/Bountiful has this terrific new community center/gym - I wish we had one! They have everything there! Indoor/outdoor pools, classes, rock wall, running tracks, weights, cardio - so neat.
The airports were a nightmare - security is a joke and everything is so difficult! I hate the cattle call, so different when you fly international business class (for free)!
We spent New Year's Eve with Mike's parents and their friends (they call themselves the Six-pack) so fun - they are all lifelong friends and the 3 couples do things together all the time!
But we're back to the grind, it was so nice getting the kiddies off to school today but it is still pretty dampened now knowing my grandma is going home tomorrow - I'm not sure what is going to happen in the next two weeks but I am certainly happy and thankful for my family and friends.
PS - Melinda - Happy Belated Birthday! I have a little something in the mail to you - and thank you for mine!
It looks like you had a great Christmas! Welcome back! :)
ReplyDeletewelcome home! sounds like a great time.. that center sounds like a lot of fun.. bummer that it was so hard on your skin.. I have noticed some exema starting on my hands with all the dry heat..
ReplyDeletethat is so fun that his parents have such a close group of friends..
take care.. sorry about your grandma..
Welcome back girl. I have been thing about you!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had one wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing all the pictures with us.
there you are!!! looks like lots of fun--the pretend dry heat..that made me laugh..SO true though!!
ReplyDeletewhat how am i suppose to know WHICH one of those girls was his HS gfriend?!?! details!
Welcome back!! Doesn't it feel good to get back into the groove? Your trip sounds like it was a great time. So sorry about your grandma.
ReplyDeleteFinally! I see you on my blog every once in awhile, finally I've found you! You have such a cute family!
ReplyDeleteYou have been seriously missed! And I'm glad to see a new post! What fun pictures! I love the little weather man! What a great holiday! And I hear ya on the harsh Utah winters. My hands are cracked and bleeding, even though I am constantly putting lotion on them - ick!
ReplyDeletewell fun trip! and back to the grind. hope grandma is doing Ok. and yay for the kids back to school!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back. All I can say is I totally agree with the airport. I am all for driving. Sorry to hear about your sweet grandma--keep us posted.
ReplyDeletefun! but where do Grandma ML and Grandpa Bob put the cows when it snows like that? Mike's brother is sooo grown up and handsome now, wasnt it just last year that you guys got married and he was just a kid??
ReplyDeleteps love the slide thing!