
Yikes - if you can believe it - it is my 15th anniversary today! Mike is so many things to me - we've been together since I was 20 years old - I met Mike on the steps of the apartment building we both lived at - he was in the apartment right below mine in college.
We had a marathon wedding - it was amazing - it was a week of the worst storms in ages - it rained hard night and day for a week, including the day before and the day AFTER our wedding, surprisingly it didn't rain during the whole day when we got married. We were sealed in the Oakland Temple - Mike's parents & many of their friends had come from Utah for it. We had a ring ceremony right after our sealing, then a regular open reception for our friends and church friends. Then that night we had a big Chinese reception - one with 8 courses in the meal - and dancing - we went to Mexico for our Honeymoon and flew First Class (Mike worked for the airline back then) that was the first time anyone had called me Mrs.
The next week we flew to SLC and had our 3rd reception there. It all seems like a blur now, but we still have many friends that say it was the best week worth of celebrating they've done!
I'm so fortunate - Mike is the nicest person you will ever meet. He's romantic, athletic, intelligent, and so generous. I am so lucky to have found him, he is my best friend and my support and I'm so lucky to have built a family with him. How lucky for me we are together for eternity!
love it! happy anniversary! and that sounds so fun! a week worth of celebrating! Congrats on 15 years! hope you have a great date to celebrate.
ReplyDeleteYikes! 15 years? Who is that young couple in that picture???? LOL
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!
HAPPY anniversary :) 15 years.That is so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteOh i love the pictures.
so sweet! happy anniversary! great pictures!
ReplyDeletehope it is a great day!
oh such a great post! Happy Anniversary...I always love hearing how people met. Who doesn't love a good love story:)
ReplyDeleteMy anniversary was on Sunday and I remember the week before our wedding it rained non stop, it finally cleared up the day of our wedding.
Loved your wedding photo!
I am a day late, but Happy Anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! 15 years is great!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I loved the wedding picture and your week of celebrating must have been so much fun!
ReplyDeleteLOVE that picture of you guys! So young and so in love - priceless!
ReplyDeleteBTW - my dad is SO EXCITED about your new church calling! Seriously, that is all I hear about these day from him. You'll be great!
Happy Anniversary!! You guys look so young in your picture. Very cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post!
Happy Anniverary! THat was fun to read. I hope you have a great day.
ReplyDeletewhen i think about the wedding, it seems like the not so distant past. when you say 15 years, it seems like a life time ago!! glad i got to be there...and gladder still you didnt post a pic of the bridesmaids!
ReplyDeletebuon anniversario! come to italy to celebrate!!!
oh my goodness--i swear we had the EXACT same wedding dress!! it must have been the "in" thing..kristen has my same dress too!! hahah
ReplyDeletea new calling!?!?! details!
What a fun picture of the two of you...Happy Anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it fun to look back at our wedding pictures!! Hilarious.. You guys look so young and in love.. Still do!! Hope you had a Happy Anniversary. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. What fond memories we have of them. We can only learn from their examples for our grandchildren.
ReplyDelete