Countdown to Hawaii

Monday, January 28

What a loved man

I loved Gordon B. Hinckley - I was so sad to hear of his passing for so excited for him to join his wife in heaven - you could really tell he missed her these past 3 years. It will be so strange for me not to see him on TV at conference this year. I've only (gosh, I still say only!?) 17 years but he was the prophet for most of it and of course the only one my kids have known.

I loved how he softened tough subjects, how he made it seem so simple to do what is right and how happy he always seemed even when you knew he had many responsibilities or concerns for all of us. I always felt like he was talking just to me about things I wanted to know about. How fortunate we've been these last many years to have such a wonderful man teach us so many wonderful things.

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing him speak as well. What a wonderful man he was. We will all miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was so good at speaking on the tough subjects. I loved when he did that. He had a way to make everyone listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he did have a way of just keeping things "real"...

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!