Countdown to Hawaii

Saturday, February 9

Cycle Time

Well - so our form isn't exactly like this yet but I'm trying! This week I was only able to do one ride - today with some friends. We repeated last Saturday's ride of 20-25 miles. We left at 9, got back by 11:10, drove home, showered and made it to the mall to meet Linda by 11:50... The only time I got to "work out" this week was when Lucas was in speech and I ran/walked for the 25 mins he was in with the therapist!!!

My goal is going to be to ride 3 times a week, even if it counts pulling Lucas in the Burley to preschool - it counts! And it gets me on the road... I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up a little - for us it is still cold at 60 degrees - but some morning are still frosty so I know I would warm up fine, but I'd hate for the little guy to have his face frozen off by the time I get him to school!

I had a little bit of road rage today too - I had to go to the middle school to pick up today - I don't normally, I do the elementary school and Tyler either has a ride or takes the bus - well I am so so sooooo glad I don't go there on a daily basis, it was mayhem! People converging on all sides, waving kids to "jump" into cars in the middle of the street while they block all traffic - I laid in on my horn to one lady who first - didn't even have her car on, and all the cars in front of her were moving forward, then as mentioned previously - when one of her kids did come, stopped all traffic to have them cross the street to get into her car, then she made an ILLEGAL U-turn across 2 sets of double yellow lines to leave the vicinity.....where are all the cops????

Oh well - Mike has his Tri training tomorrow also so it will be an early morning - I have to be ready to ride by 6:45.....better start getting the kids to bed!

10 comments:

  1. way to go girl 25 miles. That is great!!!!!


    Oh how fun, shopping with Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE have such rude drivers here also. It is crazy! I hate it. I am grateful the kids take the bus because I couldn't stand to pick them us either.

    Way to go on all of that bike riding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25 miles.. wow! good for you! and then go to the mall.. I would have to have a nap I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so frustrating when people do that on the road. We have okay drivers here, they are just all so slow and well, the best word I can describe--lame!

    Good for your 25 miles. Go Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! I really admire you for setting that goal for yourself!

    Wear your helmet please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. im grateful mine walk..& that they go 30 minutes BEFORE the rest of the school & crazy drivers show up!

    whoo hoo on the ride--but an even louder whoo hoo for lunch with linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Holly! That's awesome. You are an inspiration, I'll think of you when I'm on my recumbent stationary bike watching an old BYU devotional tomorrow morning, and thinking I'm working out hard....you put me to shame :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, you're making me tired just reading your post. I would be so irritated about the school traffic fiasco. It's a good thing I live in such a small town. Otherwise, I think I might go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun to see you've joined SPT!

    Nice work on the exercise, injury and all! YOU ROCK!

    I am SO grateful for my kids school bus! No pick up/drop off head ache!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you!!! 25 miles... that's great! Good luck...

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!