Countdown to Hawaii

Wednesday, February 20

SPT - Pick Me Up

It's still Tuesday on the West Coast - I can make it!

When I need a little
"pick me up" - my husband knows that Tulips always put a smile on my face - when I treat myself..... I turn to a little popcorn!!! But it can't be made in a microwave, it has to be fresh out of a pot! So viola - two of my favorite things right together!



Another thing that can either make my feelings soar or dive (depending on the creative flow) is my craft room, but lately I've not found the energy to go in there - it's beckoning me to come back!!!



This weekend we had Linda's family over for dinner and played Guitar Hero and Jenga - the boys actually beat the game! Very cool.


I have also been getting my creative juices flowing other ways - I've been going to ceramics class regularly - here is a wall plaque I made that I have to ribbonize and hang, but it came out darn cute.....

10 comments:

  1. great ceramics! love it! can you make some ceramic beads? we can mesh our wire and ceramic craftiness together! ps sophia takes after her auntie howee on the popcorn picker-upper! she always asks for that when she is down. and she doesnt like the microwave stuff either! big hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our whole family has been craving popcorn, and after seeing your post, I think I am going to go make some on the stove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your crafts look great! get back in that craft room.

    mmmm, i haven't had freshly popped popcorn in soooo long. now, i'm craving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tulips- they are my favorite! It's a good thing your husband knows to bring them to you! I love the popcorn with the tulips in the background. They just go together! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really cute ceramics. You are so crafty. I am impressed. Sounds like a fun weekend and tuplips are my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those ceramics are really cute. You are so crafty. I am sure the room is really missing you.

    Soundslike you had fun weekend. I have to say that tulips are my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOur comment thing does not like me! This is the third time I have tried to comment!

    Sounds like a fun weekend with Linda family. How fun to have a family to hang out with .

    My favorite flower are tulips also. And the ceramics turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. UGH you have comment moderation on woman--!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh a ceramic class would be so fun! Those signs are adorbale (and in my favorite color, too)! I love that YOU were in your SPT! You are so beautiful, Holly!

    My om always made popcorn in the popper with oil and it was the best! someday....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so not creative with ceramics. Yours turned out so cute. Yay for tulips and popcorn. Sounds like a great combination along with games!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!