It's seems lately my husband has been the first to say, "let's not get anything for each other" - for Christmas he did that, our anniversary, oh and actually my birthday he said, I didn't really get you anything big - translation - not small either.
It really didn't bother me, you really can only use so much stuff - plus I like to pick out my own stuff - so I guess I will use the following as my own Love Me Gift....
I posted last week about taking the girls to a giant mall - well they had a Kenneth Cole store in the mall, my girl friend Michele and I couldn't resist! We were window shopping, then saw these great purses - they were all 50% off - we couldn't believe it - Kenneth Cole too - so I picked out this fun one and don't feel guilty at all!
Look - my hand has made it into the picture, I'm getting closer!! Mike just asked me if I could get a babysitter for V-day, I though wow, we might go to dinner, but it's actually my dance carpool night so probably won't work for me - ended up, he just wanted to go to the community pool and swim laps together.....normally I'd like that, but probably not on V-day....that is right up there when we were dating (he set himself up for this part) and I was probably still deciding if her was the one - on valentines day we planned on going out - mind you I worked 3 part-time jobs to put myself through college and had 2 scholarships, at night just at dinner time, I'd cook dinner and Mike would conveniently show up at my doorstep so I fed him all the time....
Well I thought we were going out to a nice dinner - and he pulled into the Kentucky Fried Chicken parking lot - I thought he was joking - NOPE! I said take me home, and I cooked myself food! But he must have made up for it becase here we are 18 years later!
Oh well - Saturday I did a 41 mile bike ride - it was a killer and a very tall mountain, but I did it! Slow & steady!
What will you all be doing this Romantic Thursday??
Your new purse is so dang cute! There's nothing better than a nice purse to make you feel good.
ReplyDeleteWe went out Friday night for Dinner, so we're spending Valentine's as a family. We'll probably order pizza and buy a new video. Plus, I always make sugar cookies. They just say Valentine's Day for me!
hey lady is it just the angle of the camera or are your purses getting smaller? dont hide this one in the closet for a few months before you use it, its too cute...use it now!
ReplyDeleteps our preschool scheduled a parents meeting on val's day. we dont really tend to celebrate, but who schedules school meetings on that day anyways? we need to find a babysitter anyways and we're not even going out!
oh my goodness--im TOTALLY laughing!! too funny about mike--im more like him unfortunately!
ReplyDeletevday for us will be a wedding for someone at 3pm, jons at PW in carlsbad, followed by cheerleading, and then volleyball for me..
impressive that the "hand" made it into SPT today!
First off, whoohoo on the 41 miles! Holy cow! I hate DRIVING 41 miles! Nice work girl!
ReplyDeleteWay cute purse! And your hand is lookin' good, girl! You are so beautiful, you shouldn't be hiding in your photos! :)
I hope he comes through with SOMETHING (doesn't have to be big) to show his love and appreciation beyond a hug, kiss...
Every woman deserves appreciation!
Your new purse is cute! It always feels so good to get a new purse. I am impressed with your hand for SPT! progress! :)
ReplyDeleteCute purse! I love buying new ones.
ReplyDeleteThat is a pretty funny story about the KFC. I think something like that has happened to everyone! MEN!!
i love the KFC story. CLASSIC!!
ReplyDeleteway to treat yourself with a little kenneth cole love.
Oh love your new purse:). I am so into purses.
ReplyDeleteOh my 41 miles! Way to go girl. YOU ROCK :)
41 miles???? You go girl. That is major!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post....too funny about Mike. Cute purse. enjoy your Vday and hopefully you can have some yummy food somewhere. Or dessert?? :D
great purse! 41 miles? what the heck? I am so impressed!
ReplyDeleteThurs? well probably watch survivor.. nothing planned.. I have spent many anniversaries and vday's at BK! I feel your pain!
love the purse! way to go i love kenneth cole!
ReplyDeleteawesome bike ride too! you rock!
this year?
i didn't get a sitter so i think we are hanging out as a family. we are going to go for a pedicure together sometime. and dinner when i'm not on my special diet. whoohoo! and i bought myself make up. and see's candy.