Countdown to Hawaii

Wednesday, August 6

Busy Busy Busy - SPT

I've done well with my picture taking - for me this SPT is also about me trying to be "fortius" - stronger - Mike may be the CEO (and patriarch) of our family, but I have to be the lead in this grand adventure our family is taking - The motivator, psychologist, facilities coordinator, personal administrator, CFO, CTO........I'm also trying to be Social cruise director (move over Julie on the Love Boat!) so we have ample time to say proper farewells to our great friends........here are some of the things we've done since Sunday

Chris & Mike showing their fancy tongue colors after eating something Linda & I find disgusting!




Mike's brother Ryan arrived for dinner on Monday - we got to visit him for a few hours as he is in SF for business this week.


Twins.......Louise, Max & Sophia came to visit Tuesday night - Max & Mike are actually twins - they are literally born on the same day, same year...... it's fun for us - BFF's with husbands with the same birthdays?! What are the odds? (although since Italy is 8 or 9 hours ahead, Max gets to be the older twin!!)



Ooops a little out of sequence - but during the day Tuesday we went out with a bunch of girls in our ward - we took the Ferry across the SF Bay and spent the day with the kids - yes something like 17 kiddies!! But we had such fun - and the kids (and myself!) will miss our great friends here. No matter how much more organizing and cleaning I have to do here in the house I am glad we make time to spend quality time with people instead of our belongings!





This was just the social part of our week - I didn't even do a pictoral documentation of all the manual labor we've been doing! Painters, moving furniture, gardening -minimal, purging galore! Oh it feels so nice to have empty space!!!

10 comments:

  1. What fun! Wish I had a sister for that handsome guy!

    You make me want to purge just to have the freedom. - Maybe after the kids are back in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purge before a move. It feels so good and your house looks so clean afterwards! Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having lots of fun....:)
    Oh you are way more cuter then Julie from the Loooooove boat....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun times. The picture of Mike and Chris after drinking thier "hyper" drink is funny.
    I am glad Teri was able to go with you guys to SF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! That is alot going on!
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having all of those wonderful people in your life definitely makes you stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're one crazy lady. Always on the go. We need to get together, in all your spare time, before you guys move. Maybe you, me and Linda can work something out. Go to a park or something. That's what you get for having so many friends. I'm goin' to Utah next week. Call me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Holly,

    So I have heard about your train and know that I see the pictures I would really like my oldest to see it your back yard. He has always been a "train" guy.
    Could we come over sometime next week in the evening-- like Tue, Wed or Thurs.?

    Karalene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow!!!! I can't bleive how much I have missed!!! A girl, yea, congrats on that and moving to the UK?? Wow, how fun and what an amazing experience. Yea, for having Costco there. Now you can really shop for that family of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!