Countdown to Hawaii

Friday, August 1

London House

I guess I haven't really said much about our new house - it's quite lovely - the people renting it to us are just so nice. Relocating is an experience but relocating to another country is so "foreign" (sorry for the pun). The kids told me I didn't have a picture of the front of the house. I suppose they are right - I completely forgot, but I have video of it.

The kids have been picking out the rooms they want based on the floor plan I brought home and the pictures. It's very cute. It's been super busy around here though.




I've been selling things on Craigslist - it's been kind of fun. I've already made $200 on selling stuff I just don't need to store. Friends of mine that have been expatriates before gave some sound advice - get rid of what you don't love because you won't care about it when you get back - so I've been doing my best at tossing things out, giving things away, selling things, and figuring out what I'm going to bring. Moving is so stressful, but I think what compounds it for me is that I cannot actually "pack" anything. The movers do it all - so I have PILES....

It's coming and we're doing our best to meet the due date, although the company hasn't exactly told me when we are leaving yet!!!

9 comments:

  1. Looks very cute. Can't wait to see the front of the house. Don't forget to post one. I'm gonna miss you guys. Not that we get to see eachother all the time or anything, but it's nice just knowing you're close! I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. Bruce and I might have a reason to take a trip out there! If we do, hope you won't mind if we crash at your place.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how scary/exciting/fun/hard/crazy that must be! What a lovely house though! Bright side = great chance to purge. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun and exciting times for you guys. Does your new home have a train in the backyard? hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great house! Let's see the video of the front. Are you actually going to be in London or an outlying area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Holly! You've been busy since we've seen you last. A girl... congratulations! Can you send some of those "surprise" vibes our way? We'd love a surprise. And wow, moving to London! Good for you guys. We'll just live vicariously through you since we've never had the guts to do something like that. Good luck with all your moving plans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my talk about a whirlwind. So many exciting things taking place, a baby and a girl ta boot and then moving over seas. The house looks gorgeous. What an awesome opportunity for your family. I can't wait to hear about it. My girlfriend is in Sweden for two years. They are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. first of all Oh my goodness...I'm so happy for you your having a girl!!! that is such wonderful news... I'm so excited for you!!
    Hello!!! Your moving to England! I just saw that on your facebook, wow what an exciting andenture for your family. I think that is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what you are in LONDON?? When did this happen? Email me all about it girl....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Holly!

    Glad you made it!! The house looks awesome - bet you can't wait to move in. We miss you already! Robbie is going through Chandler withdrawls. He can't wait to get an email from him.... :-)
    Love ya,
    Janeen

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!