Countdown to Hawaii

Friday, August 15

Summer Fun

I am kinda ready for summer to be over and these little kiddies to be back to school - they are starting to pick on each other and keep saying how bored they are - I can't get them to read anything or do homework books anymore - they just want to watch TV or play the Wii or DS - so we have to keep doing things with friends to keep them busy. However on the flipside - once they go back to school - the next day we pack up our house for our great adventure....so there is a bit of a Catch-22.

With that said - we've also been cramming in get-togethers before we our big move. Ty got a small sleepover with girlfriends - so we did a tent sleep in the backyard thing - I made this yummy Monkey Bread for breakfast - doesn't it look delish?!







When the girls all left - we planned an early birthday party for Cman - we had our first swim party at our neighborhood pool - my kids always remind me we are the only ones in the neighborhood that doesn't have their own pool in the backyard, but hardly anyone was there - so it's just like our own private pool without the electricity bill!

He had a few friends able to come - it's tough in August - lots of friends were on vacation - but lucky for us - Linda's crew is a party in itself - so we still ended up with 16 kids with her 5, my 4, plus 2 friends for Ty - and Cman's real "guests"!

It was a HOT HOT day - so it was perfect - notice there are no pictures of the giant pregnant whale in the blue non-maternity swimsuit. Luckily 10 year old boys don't care what their moms look like!

Lucas & Hayden - Best Buds
KR, Lucas, Ty & MA (literally I always call these girls by their initials - something I've done for years, not cuz I'm disguising their names or anything! They just both always went by their first & middle name)

All for one & one for all!!! If you enlarge - you will see Bowen - he is always trying to steal the limelight - I keep telling Linda that she has a starlet on her hands! I expect tickets to the Oscars one day - or walk down the red carpet as the second mom who always supported the arts......


Yes, us crazy 2 moms and 16 kiddies in the pool - I kept counting them 1,2,3..... (I tried to get a lifeguard/babysitter to help but she was a Driver's School - scary!)

So I had back-to-back parties and lived to talk about it - then next week we'll do bowling for Ian's early bday!!! Yikes! Within the next week too we'll also have a baby shower, then school starts, pack our house, then a good-bye open house!!!! Oh the fun never stops!

Off to watch more Olympics!

9 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! You guys were pretty brave looking after all those kids. I'm sure Linda didn't get in the water. What great memories for everyone. You and Linda won't know what to do without each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie - you know your sister so well - it was so hot out there and she was in WHITE pants :) We brought popcicles and Doritos.... just guess what her pants looked like!

    I know, we'll be a little lost - I'm trying to break some of her habits - like forgetting to call back, commenting more - ha ha!

    Just make sure you get her on an airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The parties looked awesome! I agree with Julie, I bet you and Linda will both have a hard time with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of all the kids jumping in the pool. And I'm sure you aren't that big-at 20 weeks you hardly even looked pregnant in the first place. You guys are going to have a busy couple of weeks here. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your end of summer sounds like our end of summer- except all the parties and packing! My kids just want to watch TV now, also. It drives me crazy. I have always thought summer break was about 2-3 weeks too long for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how little time you guys have left there. I love how just the two of you had all the kids (it reminds me of something Angie and I would have done)

    How fun to have a campout in the back yard. If and when we ever get grass I will have to do that! And I am sure you are not even close to a beached whale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to be a party machine! So busy before you leave. I can't beleive you are moving to the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monkey bread, YUM! I'm sure Miss Marathon Mom cannot possibly have even gained 10 lbs. You are amazing for doing all this fun stuff for your kids before you go when you already have so much on your plate. You get the Awesome Mom Award.

    ReplyDelete
  9. um, Monkey bread looks very enjoyable. 8)

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!