Countdown to Hawaii

Tuesday, August 19

SURPRISE!!

My great friends help me carry off a great surprise 40th bday for my man last Friday night. I didn't obviously also talk about this party in my earlier post because Mike blog-stalks sometimes! ( I love what Hot Mama has nicknamed me: Marathon Mom! I totally feel like I am running crazy)

We went to a place called Campo di Bocce - so we played outdoor bocce ball!!! It was soooooooooo much fun. I love my friends - I am going to miss them so much when we move to London - but I'm also so grateful that so many of them are planning to come visit me already! My friend Christy has already booked her tickets to come out for Easter!

Mike's real bday isn't until November but I wanted to celebrate before we left - I had always wanted to do a big party for him - but this party was perfect - he was very surprised - Mike & I always do a Birthday Dinner every year with Linda & Chris - obviously this year with us being in the UK by November we won't be able to do it - so that was the guise to get him out to dinner....






All of our great friends that could make it

Heels aren't allowed so I had to remind the men not to wear Stillettos


Such a good sport!Me hiding my 25 week belly, Laura & Michele (my GNO girls!)


Miss Linda winning at Bocce

Lots of friends: Todd, Mike, Linda & Christy
Let's eat Cake!


He loves me
Me & Lulu (Auntie Nu!)

Chris & Mike

Dan, Herbie, Mike & Jimmy Cole

11 comments:

  1. And I LoVe that you still call me Hot Mama! heehee! That looks like such a fun place for a party and you had an awesome turn out! Also, I was right. If you can hide 25 weeks behind a glass, you are looking less prego than my 18 month postpartum bod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! I love it when suprise parties actually are a suprise! It looks like it was tons of fun!!! You are looking wonderful for 25 weeks pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great party............ I wish i was good at giving surprise parties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I bet it was bittersweet though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats great you were able to pull off the surprise! Such creative ideas, looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun! great job on the surprise.. sometimes that is hard to pull off!

    you look great.. and are packing in so much in the time you have left here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a great party!
    Thanks for the double chin photo of me! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda says that you guys sure had a great and fun time. I bet that was a real surprise to Mike being that his birthday is not until November but what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I think that is so neat that you celebrated his birthday early before you left. Such a great idea! Looked like so much fun.
    I can't believe your already 25 weeks...you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun night! That is so great you could give him a party before you leave. That is a amazing you could pull it off. That is always the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!