Hallelujah! There is a Costco in UK, I can't tell exactly where - meaning how close - because I'm not sure of distances quite yet - but I am guessing it is no more than 25 mins away. I'm so excited, at least there will be one familiar place - that and The Gap (so Fisher - you'll have to email me some of those Friends & Families and I'll see if they work in the UK! hint hint)
Tonight we had dinner at Linda's and made yummy caramel popcorn for dessert - we were sick to our stomachs.... we had to come home and move stuff out of rooms - we're having the kids rooms all painted tomorrow - so sad, the old baby room has always been my favorite room in the house. I hand painted it myself, a really soft yellow and sponged it - it was so pretty...so now we have crap piled high EVERYWHERE - it's so hard to paint when you're living in the space - kinda like getting new carpet -you have to move everything!
I'll have to post pictures later, kinda on the sleepy/exhausted side. We've just been super busy purging, cleaning, sorting - so we haven't had time to call anyone or answer the phone - so we're not ignoring anyone, just trying to stay above water.
We don't know our move dates - but we're hoping to be out of this house by the end of the month so hopefully we can rent it by Sept. 1st. School starts in London Aug. 21st but we won't make it there - school starts here Aug. 26th so the kids will get to go and see their friends to basically say good-bye. Chandler is going to have a little swim bday party before we go and Ian is going to have a bowling party, and my neighbor Janeen is throwing me a baby shower - whew so much! My brother-in-law is coming from NY tomorrow hopefully for dinner since he has business out here (he's single so if you have any cute sisters let me know!) and we're trying to work in a trip to visit Mike's other brother in Boise before we take off as well - the bummer is the drive is a couple hours longer than we thought it would be...that's it for now! Trying to save energy for this week!
wow london . How cool is that. I am so excited for your family.. Are you kids excited about moving to london???????????
ReplyDeleteGood thing for Costco and the Gap! I would be lost without them! So crazy that you're moving out of the country!
ReplyDeleteIt will be a treat to have some familiar stores around that you can visit. Painting, packing, and parties... sounds like some crazy times. Good luck staying sane!
ReplyDeleteSlow down girl! You have a huge list to accomplish before you're out of here. I don't know how you'll do it, but knowing you, you'll figure out a way to get it all done. When were in the UK several years ago I did see a Costco there and was pretty amazed that it even existed there since most stores are so small. You'll have to let us know how it is.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are super busy! How cool that you will have a Costco near you in London!!! That will make it feel a little more like home! :) Don't work to hard! :)
ReplyDeleteyou are one busy woman! I didn't realize you were moving so soon. I'm excited for you and your family, what an amazing experience!
ReplyDeleteToo bad we don't live closer, I have a sister who is single to bad we can't set something up :)
Good luck with everything and YAY for Costo in London!!
This is Grandpa Bob and Grandma: We read your blog and now have it on our computer. I also have Tyler's blog and I will comment on her blog in a minute. Sounds like you guys are busy getting ready and I can't wait to see what a Costco is like in England. Love to you all!
ReplyDelete