Countdown to Hawaii

Friday, May 18

1700

It was supposed to be 1700 meters not 1600!!! Yikes! When I got to the pool - did I forget to mention I signed up for Tri-Training? a few of my friends were there, but it was tough to swim after 2 weeks of carb-overload in Italy. There were only 5 of us there, so our coach got in and she said to practice "bumping", so I thought, okay - Bumper Swimming! I took it literally so she made me go with her, it was so hilarous! I was toatlly ramming her into the side lanes, cutting in front of her, we were both laughing so hard I thought we were going to drown!

We had Open House at the school today - Mike got home early from his business trip to the city (SF) which is only 45 mins away, but he stayed over night for 2 nights - but man it is tough going to 3 classrooms in an hour! Chandler's was the hardest, his class had a checklist for the kids to do with their parents, a whopping 29 items to look at!!! It's so funny to go to the different grades.

First Ian's 1st grade class, with all the cutesy artsy stuff hanging on the walls, ceiling, every surface is artwork. They have butterflies and pictures of the kids and STUFF everywhere. Then 2nd grade - I gave the preview - but they too are stacked to the Hilt, this teacher is known for writing, the kids have a Writer's Workshop, they published 3 books too that the kids wrote (one book with a short story from each kid, the other two are individual stories by the kids, their pick and a class pick) So Cool, but with that 29 item list we had to move......

Then it is on to 5th grade - plus a male teacher - they have a few art displays - and I mean few - they had their monster Scale Model project we worked on - some books, maps, but overall pretty institutionalized. Very fun night. Now it's off to make some popcorn I've been craving for the last 3 weeks and watch the Tivo'd AI - but I already know who was off'ed last night - really liked the top 3 though so I can't complain......it is my first season of AI so it is exciting!

I'll add pictures later....

2 comments:

  1. How are your arms?? We had our Open house also. Good times. Landons class had a huge checklist also. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, do you swim everyday??


    I love being able to Tivo'd (We have dish network) all my shows. I love to fast forward all the commercials.
    Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to leave a comment!! I love to read them Let me know that you stopped by!