Today was very fun - we got to see what it really looks like in Italy - we went to Lake Como and visited the city of Como then took a Water Ferry to 3 other picturesque towns: Cernobbio, Torno & Moltrasio.

Lake Como looks like an upside down wishbone, with the city of Como being at the bottom left bone. We snaked up the left side but didn't make it to Bellagio this time. Sorry George, we didn't have time to make it to the Villa this trip.
Mary Lou and I went solo, Miss Sophia was under the weather so she had her slave, I mean, her mommy tend her. She's been excellent, so we thought we would let her have the day off. We got to practice our Italian today and all of our food, drink and most importantly, our gelato were all ordered correctly!

We ran into some English boys on the ferry who told us they were on the Manchester UK Football (Soccer) team in town to play against the Milan team in the semi-finals, a huge game tomorrow - I was slightly suspect as they were on a ferry with beers and cigarettes in their hands - we took a picture of them anyway to make them feel good!!

Our only fiasco, which wasn't our fault by the way - was that on our way home we thought we were so lucky just making boats and trains, then when we rolled into Milan, we went to hit the Metro and lo and behold...... it was closed!! I think it was close to 7pm, well apparently since it was the Labor Day holiday - ALL of the public transportation closed for the rest of the day - there weren't any signs and we didn't hear any announcements yesterday - cabs were very scarce too. Luckily Super Max had the evening off so he saved the day and drove into the city to pick us up.
Now we're packing our bags - we're off to Venice tomorrow!!


Looks like fun. I will have to join you in 2 years on your next journey. Loved the pictures of your hot dates. I could tell they were English by thier teeth! That was bad I know. Have fun
ReplyDelete